Search

Royal Caribbean

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Karen

Royal Caribbean

Has anyone been on the Voyager. If so what did you think re its size, activities offered, quality of food and service. Thanks for any info.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 09:08 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Karen,<BR><BR>Food is average, service is average, ship will blow your mind. Hang the service and the food.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Karen

Many thanks for your info, Paul

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 04:34 AM
Andrea

Paul, or Karen,<BR><BR>Have either of you been on the Explorer? I know it's like the voyager. I'm taking my husband and three kids in Feb. Also, do you tip the same amt for the kids as for the adults?<BR><BR>Andrea

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 11:05 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Andrea,<BR><BR>Definitely tip the same amount for the childen as the adults. Some say it is not fair but the crew works just as hard for a child as for an adult. They eat less (thus the lesser price for the cruise) but they mess more.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Andrea

Thanks Paul,<BR><BR>I will take your advice and abide by it, although it is particularly unfair in my case! First of all i had the good grace to have twins, which is always expensive! Two of my children under 12 are paying adult fare, and although I am an american I have lived in Europe a long time and I always tidy up after my children! Still, let's hope they enjoy it! <BR><BR>Andrea

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 12:01 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Both the Voyager and Explorer are the most intense ships sailing. There are subtle differences. I thought the Yellow Submarine parade on the Voyager was a masterpiece. I missed the multi-thousand dollar chandelier that the Explorer does not have in the dining room. The ice shows are about the same (fabulous on both ships). You can play hard-ball with the dinner rolls on both ships. Quite a bit of money was spent on the Explorer's Sea-Lab. Great detail on both ships to admire and enjoy. A cross between a museum and Disney.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:18 AM
Carol

Do you think anyone will ever listen and heed the complaints about the food on RCCL?? I was so torn last year when we took Legend of the Seas to Europe because of all the negative comments on the food...and they were right. Although because our tablemates were fabulous we all just joked about it. I see things haven't changed much since October and we're diving in yet again (with daughter this time) and taking the Voyager next year to the Western Carribbean. Hopefully the chef's that jumped overboard and went on the Celebrity lines will swim back to RCCL.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 11:18 AM
linda

Karen,<BR> I just sailed the Voyager last month and I thought the service was first-rate. Never had better.There wasn't one person I dealt with who wasn't smiling, friendly and enthusiastic. Activities were abundant. Food was good to excellent in many cases. For a ship that was filled to capacity, I thought they handled the crowds superbly. I never felt crowded, rushed nor do I remember any long lines.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:56 PM
Andy

I personally will not take an RCL cruise as the food is WAY WAY too salty--and yes I wrote it up when I cruised 2 years ago--<BR><BR>However, NO ONE at RCL is reading those critiques as my parents just went this past May and they had the SAME complaints- food NOT good- and way too salty!<BR><BR>Celebrity ,on the other hand, has terrific food in comparison.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Carol

Karen, So happy to hear about the food. By the way, service on Legend was PHENOMENAL!! We had the greatest time with our servers (two wonderful women) and the room steward. They were the best we've every encountered.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 01:42 PM
xman (the real)

Well here's a first. For once both Paul and I agree. The ships are wild. The service and food is Ehhh. The buffets are not what they once were and the employees seem to do most things begrudingly.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Paul Therault

RCCL continues to try new menu items. Little by little they are coming back. No compliants from me about the desserts. Most are fresh and not frozen. Carnival must learn.<BR><BR>Paul