Regent Seven Seas Voyager

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please tell me your thoughts re the Regent Seven Seas Voyager....would you go with a penthouse category B or Category D cabin??I am looking into a cruise to Greece and Turkey...sEPT/oCT...
Has anyone used the inclusive air? If so, which airlines are used??Would appreciate any feedback...thanks in advance
Old May 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM

I have friends take this ship and they said they loved it. My suggestion though would be to use the Regent forum at www.cruisecritic.com which is devoted specifically to cruise questions by cruise line for answers to your inquiries.
Old May 6th, 2008, 06:59 PM

There's really no difference on the Voyager between the D cabins and the E-H, other than location. The B is a little bigger than the D-H, and comes with a butler. I don't find the price difference worthwhile. The regular suites are pretty spacious, as cruise ships go, and all have balconies. I was upgraded once to a B penthouse, and enjoyed having a butler just for the novelty of it, but he really didn't provide any function that the stewardess and room service didn't provide.

I've gone with the inclusive air and done my own. You just need to compare the pricing and plans to see what is best for you. Sometimes it's cheaper one way, sometimes the other. But, if the cost is close, go with the inclusive air. It includes transfers to and from the airport (which is particularly helpful in Athens, where the port is a bit of a haul), and if something goes wrong the cruiseline will help you work things out.

There's no one airline they use--they negotiate with all. I've been on Continental, United, Delta, and Lufthansa with included air, and have been on planes where I arranged my own air and had fellow passengers from the cruise with me on the plane who had included air on almost any airline you can think of.

If you do the Athens-Istanbul cruise, try to do it in that order (starting in Athens ending in Istanbul). The sail in to Istanbul is spectacular, and it doesn't have quite the same impact when you've already been in Istanbul (though it's still wonderful). Whatever you do, make sure you give yourself time in Istanbul. It's a great city to explore.
Old May 7th, 2008, 07:41 AM

I wouldn't pay extra for a butler. There really isn't anything they do that your room stewardess won't do for you unless you have one of the largest suites and plan to entertain a lot in your suite. You'll be fine with the standard suite. Regent is my favorite cruiseline, you'll be pleased.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for all the good advice...will welcome any further info as well...
Old May 7th, 2008, 10:19 AM

A lot of it depends on your personal preferences - do you spend a lot of time in your cabin on a cruise? The answer to that question will give you a good direction for your decisions. Regent is an all-suite and all-inclusive cruise experience, so you will be surrounded with lovely amenities throughout your cruise, whichever type of stateroom you choose.

Regarding the airfare, most of the time, the cruise line's airfare is a higher price than making separate arrangements. You have little control over the flight schedule and airlines, number of connection, connecting times between flights. The cruise's airfare also includes ground transportation between airport and ship. If you do purchase your airfare separately - about 80% of cruise guests, there are some considerations to make. The cruise line will quote a price to you for the airfare and comparing their price with separate airfare is the only way to make the decision.

Best Regards,
Julia