Reload this Page >

Recommended Alaska cruises?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 06:18 PM
Judy

I'm trying to help my parents plan their Alaska cruise for next summer. I would appreciate any recommendations. My parents think that they can get a week long cruise on a nice cruise line for less than $1,000/head, with a ocean view to boot. I know very little about cruises, but I'm skeptical about that price target. Any advice?

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 08:37 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Judy, <BR> <BR>Go May, June or September. Also, people willprobabl hate me again for saying this. Carnival has a brand new ship sailing Alaska with a terrific itinerary and a great naturalist aboard. Older passengers. <BR> <BR>Half the price of Holland or Princess. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 07:01 PM
sandy

Well, if price is the only criteria . . . But do they really want to go on a ship with all those many passengers? Even so, I just sent a couple on a the Dawn Princess last May for $899.00 per person in a balcony! Cruise only. they had great weather, too. In fact, it rains less there in May than in August.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>I have been on 5 cruises to Alaska. <BR>Other than the large ship I mentioned above the best experience is either the Universe Explorer of World Explorer Cruises (about 700 pasengers) or Cruise West has 5 small ships (boats) none over 100 passengers). <BR> <BR>Happy planning. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 03:13 PM
Sharon

We have taken a Renaissance cruise and are leaving in 1 month for a 15 day Barcelona-Lisbon cruise. Small ship, less than 700 passengers, over 1/2 of the cabins have balconies. Country club casual dress in the evenings, choice of four restaurants (one buffet, the others sit down elegant dining.) <BR>Itineraries are great, prices are great, staff, Eastern European are very friendly and helpful. Hope this helps.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 03:14 PM
Sharon

Sorry, posted this message in wrong area. Ignore.