RCI - Complimentary Toiletries?

Nov 25th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Original Poster

RCI - Complimentary Toiletries?

Crusing on Rhapsody of the Seas in January. Just wondering whether they have complimentary shampoo and conditioner in their bathrooms.

Many thanks!
Nov 25th, 2008, 08:25 PM

Yes, all of the cruise lines supply amenities including a blow dryer. They refresh them as you use them up so no worries about that.
Nov 26th, 2008, 05:57 AM

traveller - I didn't find that to be true on Carnival - they provided one shampoo and no conditioner and never did replenish it; I understand that some Carnival ships have that awful soap and shampoo dispenser on the shower wall, but my cabin did not. I had heard this prior to sailing so I brought my own.

And Princess, which I love, has those shampoo and conditioner packets that you need a scissors (at least I do) to open. Love the eucalyptus smell, but they are a bear to get open with wet hands.

I don't know about RC - just wanted to comment on my Carnival experience.
Nov 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM

I am just off RCI and was on the Rhapsody last year. They did not supply any conditioner. Bring your own.

I'm looking at the Rhapsody in January. Bargain rates right now, so may be booking Friday. Did a similar trip last Nov.
Nov 26th, 2008, 11:38 AM

"And Princess, which I love, has those shampoo and conditioner packets that you need a scissors (at least I do) to open."

LOL so true! I twisted the tops off the "paper" packets while the hands where still dry and put by the shower.

I've heard on other RC ships they still have toiletries, but you have to ask the steward each time! Bummer.
Nov 26th, 2008, 01:46 PM

Sorry about that. Honestly I have never cruised with Carnival but I must say that HAL, Princess, Celebrity and RCI all had nice amenities when I cruised with them. I haven't been on RCI for some time now so perhaps it is a cost cutting measure. Was just on HAL and Princess and had proper little bottles - none of those packets. Perhaps its the particular ship or length of cruise??
Nov 26th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will pack some just in case.