Reload this Page >

RCCL Voyager of the Seas

Search

RCCL Voyager of the Seas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 2001, 11:44 AM
xxx

RCCL Voyager of the Seas

My husband and I will be taking a 7-night cruise on RCCL's Voyager of the Seas, departing this Sunday. I have cruised with RCCL before but not on Voyager. We requested dinner seating for two and were wondering if this is hard to come by on Voyager. Will we be able to change our seating if we are seated with other people? I was also wanting some recommendations about shore excursions. They are awfully pricey. Is it better to just take a taxi to wherever we want to go (for example, Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, Jamaica) than to book the shore excursion? Also, I have heard that there are areas of the boat to sunbathe topless or in the nude. Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks.

Old Sep 11th, 2001, 01:57 PM
ladybug

e-mail Peat Taylor at [email protected] for Ocho Rios tour cheaper and very highly reccomended by cruise message boards. I don't think RCCL does the nudie thing, only Carnival. As for your dinner seating, if you do wind up with a larger table, you may be glad you did. I've seen couples at deuce tables just kinda looking bored at each other while the larger tables have animated conversations about their day. But maybe this is not your case, if so you can always ask the Matre D' to change tables. PS...The Voyager is one awesome ship!!!!!!

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Steve

We have not been on the Voyager but have seen nude bathing in isolated areas on other RCCL ships. As for Dunns falls, we were disappointed. The big attraction is to climb up through the falls. However, if you just want to sightsee, I would suggest the taxi. There are stairs and platforms to watch as people climb the falls.

Old Sep 12th, 2001, 11:43 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Do not scare passengers. There is only topless on Carnival at an area that is posted and isolated from the remainder of the ships. There is no complete nudity. I have been on just about all RCCL ships and have never seen topless on the ships except on it's exotic destination sailings and then it is extrememly limited. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Sep 13th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Allison

Great choice! My husband and I did the same cruise on Voyager in January 2000. I think a table for two would be difficult to obtain. We were at a table of 6 with two lovely couples from Boston and London. We are from Minneapolis. For the excursions, we chose the plantation tour/falls for Ocho Rios - I liked the plantation tour, but not the falls - too commercialized. The Boston couple hopped into a taxi and spent the day touring with the local taxi driver and enjoyed their day. In Cozumel, we chose the Tulum ruins tour, which was awesome. I would have also liked to spend time at the zoological park. Playa del Carmen had beautiful beaches. We loved the beach at the ruins and had our own topless swim there. I saw no one on the boat who was topless or nude - thank goodness as most cruisers were senior citizens. Voyager is a wonderful boat! You'll have a great time. We loved it so much, we're doing a European cruise with Royal Caribbean this Fall.

Old Sep 15th, 2001, 06:36 PM
Eric

There was an area away from the traffic on the upper portion in the front of the ship where topless sun bathing could be done. This may have been discontinued as we went 15 months ago. I was too afraid to check, but my wife said there were a few topless sun bathers.

Old Oct 1st, 2001, 02:50 PM
monnie

Great choice.We were on the Voyager in April, wonderful ship.Be sure to go to the Latin night at the night club on 14th floor.I didn't see any topless sunbathing on Voyager but there is topless sunbathing on Isla Mujeres. You can reach Isla Mujeres by jetboat from Cozumel. Cost is about $13 per person for 35 min. ride. Beautiful island and wonderful beach. Well worth the effort. Enjoy.

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 04:04 AM
judy cuervo

There is also quite a bit of topless sunbathing aboard Meditteranean Cruise Line's Melody, as the ship attracts a large number of European's. And it's not in an isolated area of the ship, either, but all around the pool.