Reload this Page >

RCCL GRANDEUR--EXCELLENT Ship and Cruise

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 04:46 AM
colman

Just returned from 10 nt cruise(Cozumel, Ocho Rios, Caymans, Aruba and Curacao). It was Sunny and 85 everyday! We have gone on over 10 cruises and this one wins for service...from the cabin steward, chief purser, asst cruise director, waiter, executive chef, head waiter and even the Captain! The ports were excellent. THE PURSERS AND SHORE EXCURSIONS people could answer questions about the ship and about the ports!!! The security on the ship was tight. EVERYTHING was clean everyday. No one fought over pool chairs because THERE WERE ENOUGH! Even the production shows were done well..the dancers were awesome. The food was delicious (I still haven't figured out how they can get 2000 lobster tails to all be perfectly made). The desserts were way too good. The menus were varied each night with too many good choices (so you get two entrees!) If you have any questions about what we did at the ports, just write me. 5 stars for this cruise. <BR>

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:56 AM
deb

Colman, glad to hear you had a great time. It's also great to hear such a glowing report since we will be on the Grandeur in July. Thanks for the good news!

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:41 AM
linda

Grandeur was my first cruise, so I was really spoiled and a bit disappointed when my next 2 were on smaller ships. RCCl gets a lot of bad press here- but I have never been disappointed in service, food or anything else.Windjammer food is just okay- but the dining room was excellent.Ditto for the activities and entertainment. We're going on the Voyager in June- will post report.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 05:12 AM
mark

We were on that ship...Wow! What a perfect cruise!

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Doug&Sheila

We were on the Grandeur at the same time, & agree with you. The food, the service and the staff were excellent. Anything you wanted was there. This was our 1st cruise but will not be our last.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
wetcement

We too were on that sailing - WOW - what service we had and what NICE peope we met! This was our 7th cruise and the outstanding service we received topped all but our first RCCL cruise. Our kids found this Grandeur cruise more fun OVER the Explorer of the Seas cruise last year which boasts the Rock Wall, ice skating, rollerblading, mini golf and more. That to me says a lot for the service. The bigger the ship doesn't mean it's better. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and found our dining room wait staff SUPERB. They made a private stash of the salad dressing I prefer and brought it over each night without asking, AND delivered milk shakes to my kids each night too. I'd recommend this ship to young and old alike and those with kids. The Adventure Ocean club kept my kids so busy I had to ask them to spend time with me. It was the BEST vacation we have had in years and I am sold on the 10 day cruise now.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 03:34 PM
colman

Rubble, tried to email you and it came back as "undeliverable". We sat next to you at the pool for days and even raced our horses together "America's Pride! We know about Aziz and Nur. Write us!

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 08:41 AM
wetcement

I know it was you - I was wondering when you'd respond. Oh how we miss Aziz and Nur and our mints from Foster. What a wonderful vacation. How funny, the same day I posted a reply to you, JIM called us. Will email you later.

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 02:39 PM
Roxanne

I am so glad to hear wonderful reports on this ship. Our family will be sailing the Grandeur out of New Orleans 3/1/03 and it will be our first cruise. Can any of you guys comment on the kids activities? We have two girls who will be 7 and 8 at the time of the cruise. Thanks

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Mariann

Roxanne,<BR>The ship and crew are awesome, including the adventure ocean staff. It's smaller the Explorer and Adventure but the kids should have a great time. Ours are 7 & 9 and this was the first cruise where they were separated in Adventure Ocean due to the age groups. They still had a blast and made lots of friends. Yours will be together. There are activities from 9am - 10pm and later if you choose. Our kids begged to go at 9am. The club offers coupons for each session the kids attend. At the end of the cruise they turn these in for Adventure Ocean Merchandise. The kids do need to ask for them each time they leave or they will only get 1 for the whole day. Ours caught on quick. The 6-8 group has a jungle gym, ball pit and play area in addition to doing arts & crafts and games. They have special events as well that parents can participate in - ship building(out of cardboard boxes), parent-child game (which pair knows each other best) and trivia games. The staff take them on treasure hunt races,(if you allow) where they go around the ship finding items on a list. 6-8's have pirate night where the kids pretend to "take over the ship". Adventure Ocean also offers a dining option where the kids dine together in the solarium for dinner on certain nights. Ours enjoyed the dining room service so much they only went to the kids dinner once. But it's nice for mom & dad to have a quiet dinner also. Service is what you make it - If you want something, ask for it. If it's impossible they'll tell you, if not you'll be impressed. If you don't ask you can't say they didn't try. It's good to get on a first name basis with your waiter and assitant waiter the first night - it breaks the ice for them. They cater their service around your kids - kids menu, bringing their meals out first w/ your salads so they can go right up to adventure ocean at 7pm if you're in the main seating...Just tell them at dinner what you want and they'll do their best to accommodate you. Wish we were going on that cruise. Have a super time.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:16 AM
Roxanne

Mariann,<BR><BR>Thanks so much. We are soooo excited - it seems like March is a million years away. <BR><BR>roxanne

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 04:17 PM
jim

Need an extra day in Cozumel so you can get to Playa del Carmen Also. Great food and service.<BR>Where else does this ship go? I heard it was going to Europe in 2003.