Reload this Page >

RCCL Cabin Size Dilemma

Search

RCCL Cabin Size Dilemma

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 1999, 06:32 AM
Annette

RCCL Cabin Size Dilemma

My Husband & I along with our two teenage children will be travelling on RCCL for a Souther Caribbean cruise. We are tentatively booked in one quad. The thought of being cramped up in a small room with only one bathroom doesn't sound like very much fun. Should we pay the extra $1k for two rooms that are adjoining??? Thanks for your advice?

Old May 12th, 1999, 07:21 AM
Mary

We have cruised RCCL on the Monach and the Majesty of the Seas with one teenager and a room with balcony. (Can't remember the class) Anyway to answer your question, yes, spring for adjoining rooms. It will make your vacation much less stressful. It was okay with one, but I can't imagine trying to live with 2 teenagers in those staterooms. You will have a great time!

Old May 13th, 1999, 11:27 AM
Marilynn

I agree. Although not on RCCL, we've been on two cruises with our 2 teenagers. The first was in one Quad cabin on Princess and the second in two adjoining cabins on Carnival. Having two cabins was MUCH better! It was easier on all of us when getting ready for dinner, in the morning when the kids wanted to sleep in and my husband & I wanted to get up early, and when any of us just wanted to hang out in the cabin for a bit. It's worth the extra $$.

Old May 16th, 1999, 11:21 AM
Mary

My husband and I, along with our two teenage daughters, shared a quad room (no balcony) on the Monarch of the Seas about four years ago. It was crowded, storage space was a problem, and my husband spent alot of time standing in the hall while his daughters dressed. Except for that, it really did work out okay. We were rarely in the room anyway. I was willing to do it again, but the rest of the family balked. We are going on the Majesty of the Seas in June, and this time have connecting cabins.

Old May 18th, 1999, 07:24 PM
Sarah

<BR>In a word....YES!!!!!!!!!