Reload this Page >

Any Kind of Cruise

Search

Any Kind of Cruise

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 1999, 05:01 PM
Renae

Any Kind of Cruise

My Mom and I are planning a vacation at the beginning of September 1999. <BR> <BR>Can anyone tell us What cruise is the best or if it is even worth it. <BR> <BR>We are looking for fun but fairly inexpensive and all this would include airfare. <BR> <BR>Any ideas anyone. <BR> <BR>Or does anyone have any other suggestions other than a cruise that would be fairly inexpensive. We are taking approximately a week and we will both have about $1200 total to spend. <BR> <BR>So I'm looking for some good suggestions. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 16th, 1999, 05:14 AM
Lyndsay

Royal Carribean, Carnival, Norweign all good first time cruise experiences.

Old May 16th, 1999, 05:40 AM
Hilary

Carnival is inexpensive and loads of fun...as long as you don't mind lots of annoucements over the loudspeaker and good but nothing special type of food. Many people love Carnival and go back again and again. It is not my cup of tea, but I can see where many would love it. I can't honestly recommend NCL's Norway because I found it to be an old, musty ship. However, it is inexpensive and MANY people out there love the nostalgic old ship and have cruised numerous times on her. She goes to some nice ports and offers some great excursions though.

Old May 18th, 1999, 07:52 AM
willie

September is hurricane season. Prices seem to be lower in the fall with some good deals. Would recommend a western Carribean cruise.Try www.cruisebrothers.com or Whites Travel located in Hartford Connecticut. Whites has an 800 number with a recording of good deals on all the lines.

Old May 19th, 1999, 10:32 AM
fran

<BR>Cruises are definitely worth the money as everything is included. Where you are would help in my suggestion as airfare add=on can have a large range. On the East you can take a 4,5 day cruise from Tampa or Miami, even NY for little. If in the South, try Houston or New Orleans. I'm about to take my 5th cruise - Vancouver to Anchorge. Or you can start in Los Angeles. Check the internet sites as there are alot of last minute cruises starting at $500.

Old May 20th, 1999, 07:42 AM
zomboli

I would skip Carnival unless your mom really likes to hang with the under 35, "let's have a party crowd". A good travel agent can give you a run down on the profile of any cruise line and make recommendations tailored to your tastes and budget. Princess has a good variety of cruises, ship sizes and prices. Royal Caribbean, also. My personal preference is to avoid the really big ships, but think about what you are looking for, and choose accordingly. <BR> <BR>Before you book, if you do it directly or with an agent, inquire as to the average profile of passengers. That will help you. I have found that most cruise lines are quite willing to divulge the facts IF you ask. If they seem hesitant, go elsewhere. <BR> <BR>My mom has travelled with my brother's family out of New Orleans on Commodore lines twice, once to the eastern Caribbean, then western. The cost was quite reasonable and she was well pleased. <BR> <BR>When you book, ask about all discounts that might be available. If you are looking now, you can probably get an early booking discount if you don't wait too long. There are lots of ships and cabins out there and the prices are reasonable. <BR> <BR>Shop around and enjoy.

Old May 20th, 1999, 10:10 AM
Alicia

Dear Renae: You and your mom should take the Nordic Empress, Royal Caribbean Cruise Line, which sails out of San Juan during the months of November, December and Jan/2000. September is the worst month of the year to take a cruise in the Caribbean (peak of the hurricane season). This three day cruise will run you around $450@ (not including airfare). Also, I just noticed that RCCL, Splendor of the Seas, has a special out of San Juan on Nov. 2 going to St. Thomas, St. Martin, St. Croix then ends the cruise in Miami for $497! That's a real bargain.