Radisson Diamond Reviews

Old Dec 5th, 2004, 02:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Radisson Diamond Reviews

We would like your input--we are thinking of taking a cruise with my dad--86 and our kids 32 & 33. We love Silverseas and Seabourn, but they are pricey when talking about five of us. Dad & I went last year to Alaska on the Radisson and were favorably impressed.

So we were thinking of the Radisson Diamond which has a perfect itinerary for the Mediterranean over the 4th of July--but I have heard some negative comments about the Diamond. What are your impressions? Thanks jan
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 07:21 AM

I've cruised on the Diamond and really enjoyed it! It's small with fewer dining venues than the larger Radisson ships but the main dining room (Compas Rose) is actually my favorite of all the Radisson ships. Don Vitos is fun dining experience onbaord too.

The standard cabins are large by cruise standards, but smaller than some on other Radisson ships. I always cruise with a balcony cabin but if you prefer more interior room, you can forgo the balcony as the sq. footage is the same. I wouldn't hesitate to book the Diamond! Depending upon your ports and water conditions, it's great fun if they lower the watersports platform for jet skiing, kayaking etc. (no charge for the use of this and they provide all the equipment). The only real negative I can think of with the Diamond is that they do not have laundry rooms. The charges though, should you have laundry done by the ship is very reasonable.

I'd jump on any special they have!
Old Dec 6th, 2004, 08:31 AM

I also forgot to add that the Diamond is probably the smoothest riding ship I've ever been on which can be important in the Med. The crew is super too...very friendly with great service!
Old Jan 5th, 2005, 08:02 AM

I have sailed twice on the Diamond and it was the best ship I have experienced to date.

My balcony cabin was awesome, the food and service were wonderful and the complimentary wines were a nice touch.

The Med itinerary was my favorite and the ship sails smooth. It is quite small and feels almost like a private vessel.

The downsie is nightlife. There was none.
Old Feb 3rd, 2005, 12:05 AM

The Diamond has been sold and it will not be in service after June. My and I had booked a trip and received a "cancellation"
letter. We rebooked on the Seabourn.