Reload this Page >

Problems with Adjoining cabins??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:14 AM
Kev

What are the pluses and minuses with adjoining cabins? If the only cabins left in the price range I'm looking at are adjoining, and the other cabin is already booked, how much privacy would I have? Does the door between the cabins lock? I'm new to cruising and have lots of Q's.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 02:19 PM
Charli

Kev,<BR>Of course the door locks - on both sides - where is your common sense? No pluses to adjoining rooms unless your younger children are there. Minus might be that the door area is not as soundproof as the rest of the wall. Some ship walls are not especially soundproof anyway. Other than that, it is a regular cabin - bring ear plugs if you are concerned about noise and don't say anything you wouldn't want anyone else to hear. Ship adjoining rooms are no different than hotel adjoining rooms.

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 10:57 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Kev,<BR><BR>Staterooms on ships are fairly small. To make space for the door you would lose something in the cabin such as a chair or storage cabinet.<BR><BR>If you can live with the above negatives posted you will be fine. Otherwise it would be best to pay a few bucks more for an upgrade.<BR><BR>Here's an option. Have your travel agent check for availability of other cabins every couple of weeks. Some may open up due to cancellations. Group allotments are released by the final payment date.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 05:59 AM
Peter

You can check cabin availability yourself at uniglobe.com.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
Patty

Kev,<BR>We had an adjoining cabin on our last cruise and I didn't notice any more noise than usual (which is not much anyway). Since we weren't using the door to the adjoining cabin, there was a chair placed in front of it so we didn't feel that we lost any space.

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Paul Therault

The websites, inluding those of the cruiseline have only the cabins listed that they wish to sell. Not all the available cabins.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Peter

The information on cabin availability on uniglobe.com is EXACTLY the same availability information that a travel agent will get when they call the cruise line.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 12:20 AM
Paul Therault

And how do you know this Peter? Have you just become a travel agent?<BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 06:59 AM
Peter

Some of the cruise line websites and other .coms will only show two or three cabins per available class. Uniglobe, Expedia and a few others show all available inventory. <BR><BR>These internet sites connect to the cruise lines in order to get the inventory - they don't keep them themselves. Whether the communication is by computer to computer or Travel Agent to Cruise Line Representative, the available inventory is identical. I can think of no possible reason that the Cruise Lines would reveal secret cabin availability to travel agents that call in verses their own website or the .com computer connection. They want to sell every cabin and don't care which gets the sale.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 10:52 PM
Paul Therault

You may be correct about Uniglobe and Expedia but I know for a fact that cruise line websites do not list all the available cabins. I tried it a few times with all cruiselines.<BR><BR>Paul