Presidents week 2008

Nov 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Presidents week 2008

Are there any cruise lines that don't have a lot of children aboard during the february break? My husband and I are in our 50's plus our family of 4 ( in their 20's). I don't mind some kids but I've been told this is a big week for kids on vacation in the Carribean!
Nov 27th, 2006, 06:20 PM

I don't think so: schools are only closed for one day, and spring break doesn't start till March. Take Celebrity or HAL, but even Carnival shouldn't have too many kids at this time.
Nov 27th, 2006, 10:46 PM

spurs - that may be true in your part of the country but some of the country (northeast, for example) has a full week which includes President's day for public schools - and an additional week in April. Not everyone has a March vacation, although most colleges do.

We almost always travel that week to someplace south or on a cruise, and there are always a zillion kids of school age. In fact, we have booked a Celebrity cruise for that week 2007 (not usually a line associated with gangs of kids) and had a difficult time getting a cabin many months out.
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies! yes we're from NY and children have the whole week off! Are there less kids on Celebrity or HAL?
Nov 28th, 2006, 03:59 PM

Don't have the answer to that, but another take on same question is to compare kids' activities on either line or cruise. For example, while Disney cruises have tons of kids, they generally have something to do while on board. It is when there are large numbers of bored and unsupervised kids that they can become very annoying to others.
Nov 29th, 2006, 05:38 AM

Definitely go with Holland America or Celebrity, if you don't want too many kids. Even better with Regent, Oceania or other luxury lines if you can afford.