Norwegian - luggage tag question

Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian - luggage tag question

I have the travel docs on the website - but what about luggage tags? I can print them, but you can't attach plain paper to your suitcase. Will they mail the tags, or should I call them to request, anybody knows?

Oh, and one more thing: nowhere on the Edocs did I see any bar codes for E-scanning, is this correct? Somebody help me, never sailed with Norwegian, and this is for my dad - don't want him to have a heart attack there
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 01:55 PM

I am sailing Sept 25 on Spirit. Just received a booklet with the luggage tags inside and lots of other info. I suggest you call NCL and ask. Other cruises I've gotten the tags at the dock-but I'd call them just to make sure.
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM

Hi,

I'm cruising with Holland America next month to Japan and I printed my luggage tags off the computer. There are directions on how to fold the paper so that it becomes a sturdy baggage tag. Celebrity mailed the tags to me but I understand some cruises do everything on line including luggage tags.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you both, yes, there are folding/stapling instructions that I haven't paid attention to But it would be nice to get a booklet. We decided to wait maybe 2 weeks in case they've mailed them already, and if not, we'll call.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 10:59 AM

NCL seems to be fairly erratic about how and when they send luggage tags in the mail. When I cruised on NCL last year, I didn't get tags in the mail at all. Everything was in my edocs, so I picked up luggage tags at the pier.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Original Poster

Doug, I am not sure if all cruises do this in San Francisco, but when we sailed on Princess, no luggage was allowed inside - so picking up the tags wouldn't help. At least not for departure.

I wouldn't worry that much, but it's my dad who'll be sailing, and he gets upset by every tiny thing, so I'd rather have the tags for him in advance as I won't accompany him to the pier.
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 03:05 AM

I wouldn't count on getting luggage tags in the mail - this is a missing piece of the "edocs" simplicity. We received the wrong luggage tags in mail from NCL last spring. I called both travel agent and NCL - they both advised me to just print new ones at home. I had same issue as you with paper tags. Ended up altering the incorrect mailed ones and also using paper ones.

I would print them and then cover with heavy clear packing tape to make them stronger and your father less upset.
Old Aug 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Oh, Gail, this is a great idea! I would never think of a tape! Thank you so much!!
Old Aug 21st, 2009, 03:15 AM

I bought "self-laminating" luggage tags at Target for $3.99 (4 in the package). I printed the luggage tag, cut it to fit the tag and I'm ready to go.
Old Sep 16th, 2009, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

I forgot to post, my father got his luggage tags and a small booklet in mail, around September 1, for sailing on October 23. He did not call to request it, they just mailed it to him. The reservation was made through NCL website.