Norwegian Dream

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian Dream

Has anyone out there sailed
on the Norwegian Dream?

How would you rate it and where did you sail to?
Thank you in advance.
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 07:05 PM

We sailed on the Dream in October 2003 out of Boston to Canada and back. We had a good time. I was impressed with the cleanliness and use of wipes before meals especially with what has happened on other ships. The cabin stewards were great. The food was excellent maybe except for the Sports Bar buffet dinner, sometimes it wasn't the best. The Tratoria was awesome, we really liked dining there. The shows were pretty typical but very entertaining. No movie theatre on board ship although they have movies around the clock on TV in the cabin.

We liked it enough that we are cruising it again on May 1st in Europe. Really looking forward to it. The October cruise weather was cool/cold at times. This one ought to be plenty warm enough. We had one really nice day off Canada and had a great BBQ on the pool deck, looking forward to that on the next cruise. Does this information help you? By the way, we've cruised 6 times, 3 on smaller ships, 2 NCL, 1 RCCL.
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Annie,
Your answer helped a lot.

My husband and I are thinking about cruising to Belize on the Dream next year. We were only on that cruise line years ago when they had the Song of Norway.
I keep going back and forth on what line to cruise to Belize on.
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM

Sailed on the "Dream" last year on the Baltic and loved it.
Sanitary, great food, great lounge entertainment. What's not to like ??
Little Cricket
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 05:54 AM

Hi Lydel,

My husband and I are booked on it in August for Northern Europe. I've only been on 2 cruises before, both Celebrity to the Caribbean, so this is first with NCL. Have heard great things about it and if I'm correct this ship is certainly a "big one" it's not one of the mega-ships which I find are a little too big. Let me know if you decide to book.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM

Rosemary1, you are correct on the size, it is "a big one" but not mega-size. According to NCL, they can accomodate 1748, double occupancy. Some of the mega-size ones are up around 3000 (or more!). That is way too big for me. I certainly prefer the smaller ones and this is big enough for me.

We are leaving on the Dream May 1st for the Western European trip, getting really excited and can hardly wait.
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM

Have a wonderful time Annie!

P.S. I simply love it when someone agrees with me.
Old Mar 8th, 2004, 09:37 AM
JonJon

If you were on the "Song of Norway" then you were on a DIFFERENT cruise line; S of N was owned by Royal Caribbean at the time when NCL was probably known as Norwegian Caribbean (Cruise) Lines...tow very different companies but I've sailed with both, (not on the Dream, unfortunately) and in many respects find the companies comparable.