Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page > NORDICK EXPRESS, HORIZON OR ZENITH
Notices

NORDICK EXPRESS, HORIZON OR ZENITH

Apr 24th, 2002, 05:27 AM
BECKY

NORDICK EXPRESS, HORIZON OR ZENITH

To all of you Bermuda cruisers, which is the preferred boat on a cruise to Bermuda and which parts of the Island are better, Kings Wharf or St. Georges?

Apr 24th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Patty

Personally I would go with the Zenith or Horizon over the Nordic Empress. Have sailed on both (although not recently). I also prefer Hamilton over the other 2 ports mentioned as there is more activity and shopping right in Hamilton and I find it a convenient departure point to explore the island. Some of the Bermuda cruises stop at 2 or even 3 ports. I would pick one that included Hamilton plus one other port. Hope this helps.

Apr 25th, 2002, 12:09 AM
Paul Therault

Hi Becky,

First choice Zenith, then Horizon (both the same price) and third Nordic Empress.

But if you enjoy cruising go with any of the three.

I sailed the Zenith to Bermda, the Horizon in the Caribbean and am sailing the Nordic Empress to Bermuda this summer only because it has balconies in the suites.

St George is very quaint compared to King's Wharf and the beaches are better.

Paul

Jul 29th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Nanette

Paul, let us know what you thought of the Nordic Empress. We were on the ship last year and this year (June sailings) and had a great time. Thanks, Nanette

Jul 29th, 2002, 11:44 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Nanette,

As with you I have not heard any negatives concerning the Nordic Empress this year. But then they did not sail either of the two Celebrity ships therefore they could not compare.

I have one cruise in August previous to Bermuda. I will not return until the end of August.

The only negative I can foresee is the days spent in King's Wharf and not one in St. George.

Paul

Jul 29th, 2002, 11:51 PM
justwentin june

Horizon - best itinerary; and a $50 gift card that really works with a lot of merchants - you won't get one on the zenith

Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:38 PM
Nanette

Thanks, Paul for your reply. Alot of the passangers complained about Kings Wharf, but my husband and myself just took the bus to the beach on Tuesday and Wed so we didn't feel stranded there. On Thurs when the ship changed port we took the ferry int St Georges. We made the most of our time in Bermuda. When you return I will be looking for a reply. I for one enjoy all you posts!!!NANETTE

Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:41 PM
Paul Therault

Thank you Nanette. 'giggle'

Search this Thread