Search

noice from pool deck

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2012, 08:43 AM
ita
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
noice from pool deck

our cabins are on the 14th deck below the pool deck on the Ruby Princess. When we booked we chose these cabins because they were the only side by side cabins still available. They were less expensive than other decks. Subsequently I have read on cruise.com that this deck could be noisy due to pool parties late at night. It is too late to change, but I would appreciate knowing if the noise is going to be a factor for us. Thanks
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM

There are reasons why certain categories are more expensive than others. Noise would be one of them.

Typical noise you may hear on that deck (depending on cabin location) would be crew dragging deck chairs around, pumps from the pool etc.

There maybe some late night deck parties. I think you may come across 2 on a typical 7 day cruise. The sail away party (first night) would be one of them.

If you are at the front of the boat, there are cabins above you so it's okay. Go look at the deck plan and find out what is directly on top of you.

The link to the deck plan is below
http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/...ans/index.html
Old Feb 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
ita
Original Poster

Eschew, I think we are under the pool-337&341. What do you see? I asked our travel agent why our cabins were cheaper than on another deck. She didn't tell me about noise. Oh well, the children will be close to the pool and old me will only have to climb one set of stairs.
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM

Don't worry about it. You are probably below the rows of deck chairs that lined the side of the ship.

On the 2 nights of deck parties, go up there and join the fun! People watching can be great fun. I had cabins on your deck before, and hoenstly, I don;t remember too much noise.

We were on the Ruby Princess for her inaugural cruise and the
ship is beautifil. We love spending time by the International Cafe. The home made ice cream is a bargain @ $3 for 3 scoops. We sat there and enjoy the live music (a string quattet, a piano player, etc). If you like Latte, taht's palce. Ask for an iced white choolate Latte. If you intend to have lots of those, ask to buy a "coffee card".
Old Feb 13th, 2012, 01:30 PM
ita
Original Poster

thanks, eschew, now I only have to worry about noro-virus. I am a worrier, but once there I let go and just have fun.
Old Feb 14th, 2012, 09:33 AM

ita, I am not going to cross post and repeat eveything. Go read the thread below. Stop worrying and start living!

http://www.fodors.com/community/crui...noro-virus.cfm