New England/Canada cruise on the Triumph

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys: we are looking into this cruise for early Oct. Has anyone ever done this cruise before and are there any opinions on this ship? Also if you know can you please tell me if the ship tenders into Portland, Maine or docks? Thank you. Larry
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 10:52 AM

Hi Jacketwatch - We did that cruise a few years ago but haven't been on the Triumph. We docked at Portland and the location was excellent - easy to walk the town. If I remember correctly there was a little sightseeing shuttle that you could get as well. We also did it in October so it was a bit on the chilly side. Right by the dock there is a casual bar/restaurant and we had the best clams we have ever tasted. I have always said that of all the cruises we have taken basically all over the world that itinerary was my favourite. You will love it!!
Old Mar 26th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Original Poster

Awesome! Thank you very much. Larry
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 10:20 AM

We did this cruise a couple of years ago, starting in Quebec and ending in New York. Quebec was fabulous! Great food and quaint, interesting sites. We stayed a night pre-cruise and was glad we did. The other stop we really enjoyed was Sydney, where we went to see Alexander Graham Bell's house. I have to say, however, the weather is very iffy in October in this area. We had torrential rain in Halifax and missed Newport because of the weather. We were not on the Triumph, and do have to wonder if Carnival is the best line to take for this itinerary. We were on Holland-America and loved it. We did not stop in Portland, but did in Bar Harbor and Boston. Bar Harbor is well worth a stop if just to see Acadia National Park, but the lobster here is also a must. Enjoy!
Old Mar 27th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Thank you Renman. The Canadian stops are New Brunswick and Halifax. I hope all goes well as I would hate to miss anything, esp. Halifax as there is a Titanic Museum there. I've been interested in the Titanic disaster since grammar school (a few yrs. ago) and actually Halifax is the place where some bodies recovered were interred and because of its connection to something I find very interesting I would love to see it. I've vacationed B4 in the place where the 1997 movie "Titanic" was made BTW. Its just south of Tijuana in a place called Rosarito, MX. As for the ship we've had fun on Carnival B4 and what I like here is that none of the ports require tendering vs. the Princess cruise there where two ports do require it. We like to avoid that if we can. The HAL cruise here has no balcony rooms avilable BTW. Thanks again for the input. Larry