Reload this Page >

NCL did it AGAIN!

Search

NCL did it AGAIN!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 02:57 PM
judy

NCL did it AGAIN!

Maybe you all shouldn't be so hard on our travel agent poster, that says NCL is dangerous.....they did it again. This time it was the big new one.....some damage, ran aground!

Old Sep 24th, 1999, 03:39 PM
Michelle

and his baby...carnival.....almost killed off their passenger lists by doing what?????? <BR>Please.....your comments are so childish.

Old Sep 25th, 1999, 12:53 PM
Lorrie

If you check your facts you will find that the fault is not NCL's. The fault lies with the St. Lawrence River pilots who were on board the ship.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 04:17 AM
Gary

It is a shame that NCL is having so many problems. Many of which has made up my mine to not cruise them. In addition I do not want to cruise on Carnival. Why?, well no real reason just that I don't want to. Picking a cruise line is no different that buying a new car, you would never find me buying a GM product, why? because I don't like them, no other reason. <BR> <BR>If we all did the same thing and thought the same way what a boring place this would be.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 09:27 AM
Ancinetmariner

As a US Coast Guard licensed Merchant Mariner I can tell you that any pilot is there as an advisor only, the ultimate legal responsibility rests with the Master of the ship. Of course in a place like the St. Lawerence Seaway a captain is pretty foolish if he does not listen to the pilot unless he has made numerous trips through that area or has a pilotage endorsment for that area himself. <BR>The only exception being the Panama Canal where by law the Master must turn over command to the pilot.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 10:51 AM
Parrot Mom

Enough of the NCL bashing!!!!!! According to a passenger that just returned the Sky the pasengers have been treated royally...they are receiving back their fare--this one couple has already booked another NCL to Bermuda with the $$....According to her the people who would complain about a hangnail are complaining...She said the crew and Captain were great... As one who was scheduled for 10/8 for the Sky I am very upset....if you had read the Canadians news reports they had two MASter Pilots aboard....now how can you blame the NCL line.. I feel badly for the people like myself who booked this trip many months ago and are really looking forward to this gorgeous ship....everybody is so eager to say..."there goes NCL again"...most of you have never been on one...have no idea what the devil you are talking about and don't know how to "go with the flow" and figure each trip or vacation is an adventure...

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 10:51 AM
Parrot Mom

Enough of the NCL bashing!!!!!! According to a passenger that just returned the Sky the pasengers have been treated royally...they are receiving back their fare--this one couple has already booked another NCL to Bermuda with the $$....According to her the people who would complain about a hangnail are complaining...She said the crew and Captain were great... As one who was scheduled for 10/8 for the Sky I am very upset....if you had read the Canadians news reports they had two MASter Pilots aboard....now how can you blame the NCL line.. I feel badly for the people like myself who booked this trip many months ago and are really looking forward to this gorgeous ship....everybody is so eager to say..."there goes NCL again"...most of you have never been on one...have no idea what the devil you are talking about and don't know how to "go with the flow" and figure each trip or vacation is an adventure...

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 01:55 PM
cruisin

Geez -- Parrott mom -- lighten up and take your own advice to "go with the flow." <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 02:31 PM
judy

Yea! Take a chill Parrot Mom!

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 02:47 PM
Jan

same can be said to you Judy. Maybe you should get all the facts before you post. You so wanted to be the first one to post the info about NCL but did so without all the facts. Doesn't pay to be first, pays to be right

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 07:04 PM
Parrot Mom

LOL...thanks to my supporters..... I just get angry when people write about something they are cluess about... I am also a Majesty fan from outside of Boston and know first hand the problems they had and the reparations directly from other passengers. Me worry!! I'm already scheduled for a trip to CA in December, to the D.R. in February, have been to St. Thomas for a week February and the Majesty to Bermuda in June....so I do know how to relax and enjoy myself... Oh yes, I might get on the Sky yet--it's not officially cancelled for our trip...not yet and I'm half way packed....Think positive and know the facts!!!!

Parrot Mom

LOL...thanks to my supporters..... I just get angry when people write about something they are cluess about... I am also a Majesty fan from outside of Boston and know first hand the problems they had and the reparations directly from other passengers. Me worry!! I'm already scheduled for a trip to CA in December, to the D.R. in February, have been to St. Thomas for a week February and the Majesty to Bermuda in June....so I do know how to relax and enjoy myself... Oh yes, I might get on the Sky yet--it's not officially cancelled for our trip...not yet and I'm half way packed....Think positive and know the facts!!!!

Parrot Mom

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:38 AM
judy

On fact for sure....you only need to hit the "post my reply" once!

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 04:40 AM
judy

I only said the ship ran aground....straight off of CNN news...so what's the big deal. Remember if you respond...just push the button ONCE.

Old Sep 28th, 1999, 09:43 AM
Parrot Mom

Sorry, having problems sending e-mail these last few days...maybe my fingers are burnt up!!