NCL cruise Jan 2007

Dec 26th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Original Poster

NCL cruise Jan 2007

Does anyone know a reasonable place where I can park my car in Charleston SC while I am cruising in Jan 2007?
Dec 29th, 2006, 06:38 AM

There's a lot near the cruise-ship terminal where you can park for about $15 a day (a bit more than $100 for a week). They offer shuttle service back to the pier, but drop off your luggage at the pier before you park. Only hand luggage is allowed on the shuttle. If you are staying overnight in Charleston, you might also find a hotel with a parking deal that could save you money, but I don't know which hotels offer these. They are common in other port cities.
Dec 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM

WE live in NC so Charleston is not a long drive but we went the day before. We stayed at the Howard Johnsons and were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. Left our car there for free for 11 day cruise. Had to take a cab to the ship but that was like $5! Think the hotel was $79. Hotels on the other side of Charleston were a LOT more. That was a lot less than parking at the pier and having to actually take a BUS to the ship as friends did. Charleston is not like most cruise ship piers. We actually had to call a cab to get back to the hotel as there were not cabs waiting for passengers. Are you going on the Majesty? Loved that ship even thought we hate NCL. Let me know if you are and would like info on her - [email protected].
Dec 31st, 2006, 08:38 AM
RBR

Be sure to keep in touch with NCL, the Majesty has been having engine problems since October and all of the sailings have missed ports.

The sailing yesterday, December 30th, was canceled. Not sure when it will be back sailing.
Dec 31st, 2006, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the update
Dec 31st, 2006, 04:26 PM

From what I've read on cruisecritic.com & cruisejunkie.com, the Majesty will only cancel their New Year's cruise. Engine(s) will be fixed this week. They plan to sail the next cruise, Jan.7th. I will email you hopefully tomorrow!