Search

NCL ?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 12:41 PM
PC

NCL ?

Just got back from cruise on Century, have been on RCCL & Carnival, and am looking at NCL Dawn for 4/12/03 to West. Carib. It's a new ship (December '02 launch) that appears to be real nice with alot of the amenities expected of large ships today.<BR><BR>Would appreciate comments on NCL, in terms of quality and service vs. RCCL and Carnival, and the Freestyle Dining.<BR><BR>Basically, what to expect from them.<BR><BR>Thanks...

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 10:47 AM
PC

NCL Dawn?

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:52 PM
Selma

N-C-L = Norwegian<BR>Dawn = Ship<BR><BR>The main entertainment on NCL is BINGO.<BR>"GNG" Cruise Line - gay and geriatric.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 12:57 PM
Crucon

The ONLY good thing about NCL is that they give you free ponchos if it is raining in port (at least the Norway did).

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 05:11 PM
Parrot Mom

NCL Dawn..yes, it is coming..and as for the entertainment on NCL we sailed on NCL Sky specifically for the entertainment of Jane L. Powell (does anybody know where she is now) and the Hey Mr. Producer production and the Jean L. Ryan version of Cirque de Soleil.. and were surprised by a standout singer from the Jean L. Ryan named I think Steve Washington who was good enough to have his own show... By the time your on the ship all the kinks should be ironed out and the staff experienced enough. The one restaurant of the alternative type we loved was Le Bistro..incredible..

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Peter

If NCL would offer me a free cruise i would not take it. Its the worst shipline i have ever come accross. freestyle dosnt work. Every night we had to wait in line when we asked for a table for 2. They seem to want u to share most of the time. The speciality restaurants are not free.. a $10 cover charge per person. Optional formal night: it was discusting to see people dining in the same diningroom, some in tuxedos other in grubby t-shirts. freestyle tipping: 10$ per person per day added to your bill. nobody cares about the service. we were on a 12 day cruise and took the 240$ back from our bill and distributed the money according to who did us good service(was a hard decition. We also were in a penthouse suite, the most expensive accomodation...the concierge and butler service was a farce. I read a comment on another page on this site where someone quoted NCL a tent on a raft. I thought he was very kind. Dont consider it, u will be sorry<BR><BR>Regards,<BR><BR>Peter

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Patty

I think NCL is comparable to RCCL. I've never sailed Carnival so can't make a comparison there. Freestyle dining has worked well for us. We've never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes and enjoy the specialty restaurants. We actually have had the opposite experiences than the above poster as far as sharing tables. We've sailed on NCL 3 times since freestyle and were always seated by ourselves unless we requested to be seated with others. Whereas on Princess, we were usually seated with others unless we requested a table for 2. Hope this helps.