Search

Msc meraviglia

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2021, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Msc meraviglia

Has anyone done the Beach Break for Fully Vaccinated Passengers in Cozumel? Does it include Transportation from the Ship to the Resort. Any suggestions or advice?
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 08:11 AM

You are more likely to get answers on Cruise Critic.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 11:46 AM

Is that a ship sponsored excursion? If so, it probably does provide transportation and most pre-arranged excursions do include transportation. They may have you meet in the taxi or bus area in the town center, a short, five minute walk off the ship. Just ask the provider. That is the only way to know for sure.

We like Cozumel a lot as a port. The water is a bit rough for us, non-swimmers, but there are great beach clubs with nice pools and restaurants, showers and beaches with all kinds of water activities. We take a taxi to one and spend the day.

Are you required to take a ship sponsored tour? If not, look up the beach clubs for descriptions of each to decide which you like. We have a child with us so not into a party club. We like Paradise because it is more family oriented with very good food, a beautiful pool and clean shower and toilet facilities. There are other clubs though with music and dancing, etc.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 03:06 PM

BTW, have you cruised with MSC before or read the reviews in cruisecritic? If not, you might want to read some reviews to know what to expect.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 03:42 PM
Original Poster

We have sailed with MSC before. Also, after 35 cruises, about everybody but Disney. MSC Ships are beautiful, but the food isn't the best. Looking forward to 2 days at their Private Island. We have not been there but have heard some good things about it. Port Canaveral is 20 minutes from our winter home in Florida and we got a good deal on a last minute deal which included the drink package. We did a 4 Day Royal Caribbean in November and have 2 8 Day Carnival's booked in Late January and Late February.
Old Dec 20th, 2021, 07:08 PM

That is good then. I have done only one cruise with MSC. Their ships are certainly stunning, and I really liked the food on our cruise. We are not into rides and stuff like that, so I would enjoy their private island. It looks really nice. There were a few things I didn’t like on our cruise with MSC, but knowing ahead of time, I could avoid them, and this is a different ship. Being near a port certainly influences our choices too. Looks as if you enjoy cruising. So do we. Hope your cruise is wonderful. Please do a little trip report after your cruise. I would love to see more cruise activity on Fodors.
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 02:19 AM

Back to this cruise. Is the excursion through the ship or are you allowed to book your own?
Old Dec 21st, 2021, 03:51 AM
Original Poster

This excursion is through the ship. We usually go to CHANKANAAB PARK. $26.00 each plus the $12.00 cab ride each way, so it cost $38.00/pp. The Beach Break with the ship is $49.00 and includes a swimming pool, waterslide, kayaks, water bikes, an underwater Mayan City and a drink. Looks really nice. BUT the Cruise Line website does not say if it includes Transportation. Usually it would say, includes transportation or does not include transportation. This one says nothing. I've e-mailed the cruise line, but have not received an answer. Was hoping someone could help me.