Reload this Page >

mixed up main/late seatings

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 07:59 PM
Mary

My family and I are cruising on the Majesty of the Seas in June, and just got our tickets. My husband and I, and one of the kids have late seating, one of the kids has main. Will this be easy to fix or will we be telling one of our daughters to learn to make new friends and we'll see her in a week? Why in the world would they split up a cabin in different seatings?

Old Apr 22nd, 1999, 08:24 PM
Paul J

Hi Mary: I'm sure there will be no problem. It was probably a clerical error. However, in case they hesitate, just absolutely refuse to accept it. Stamp your foot and/or raise your voice. They will accommodate you. The bottom line is: Not to worry!! Enjoy your cruise....Paul J <BR>

Old Apr 23rd, 1999, 05:06 AM
Mary

I agree with Paul, it's probably just a mistake. You can probably clear it up before departure through your travel agent. If not, take care of it on the boat. One week before our departure (On the Majesty of the Seas) we requested our entire party of 5 to be changed from early to late seating and we were accommodated. They try very hard to please and in your case it's probably just a mistake on their part anyway that they will be happy to correct. Have a great time, it's a wonderful cruise.

Old Apr 24th, 1999, 06:41 PM
Rose

I agree with the others. Have your travel agent take care of it before you go. It will be a problem if you don't. There are many decisions made due to the seating you have.

Old Apr 27th, 1999, 05:55 AM
lila

Mary, <BR> <BR>I was traveling solo on a cruise and they put me at a table with two sets of honeymoon lovebirds. I only had to be asked once to be move and they found me table with a mix of singles and couples. You'll have no problem having your daughter seated with you - they do aim to please.

Old Apr 29th, 1999, 06:56 PM
Fran

<BR>I had a similiar experience to lila, and it was easily resolved. I'm sure in your case tho, it is a clerical error. I would also contact your travel agent, if you used one, and have them handle it.

Old May 1st, 1999, 08:16 PM
tina

Is she a teenager? Maybe she requested the late seating to meet young gentlemen?

Old May 4th, 1999, 04:20 PM
Mary

I have talked to the travel agent. All should be fixed so we can eat together. <BR>Thanks for all the good advice.