Mediterranean Cruise

Search

Mediterranean Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mediterranean Cruise

Planning on taking at least a 12 day cruise next May out of Rome. Thinking of the Legend of The Seas. Anyone have any advice on cruising this time of year or what to do in Italy on either side of the cruise.
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 03:34 PM

When we cruised last October we were going to be in Rome on a Sunday...and most attractions and sites were closed.. Met some people on the net who had used a guide before, Claudio... and we went up to Tuscany....It was the highlight of our trip.. As it turns out that Sunday there was an audience of over 50,000 people... and not only was Rome packed but the train going badk to the ship broke down and the ship waited for 25 people..
Old Jul 13th, 2006, 07:36 PM

I would sure book Claudio to show you around and I would do it now!!

Then I would go 3-4 days earlier to Rome and see some of the major sites with Claudio.

Your will probably only go to Rome once...so make the best of it..see all you can while you have a chance to be there.
I can give you Claudio's e-mail if you want to contact him.

Hi ParrotMom...

Percy

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:28 AM

Hi Percy..,Claudio is
Claudio <[email protected]>
The nicest thing happened this week from another board I actually received a "thank you" because I recommended Auriello for Barcelona.. Now...if we end up booking a cruise next year in 2007 from Barcelona...I'm going to search for a guide in several ports in of all places.....Morocco!!
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all for the information. Have you heard anything bad about the Legend of The Seas? I read some other bad things about other RC trips and was just wondering. I will write Claudio. Thank you!
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:48 AM

In all honesty.. I'd rather book a Celebrity than RC and have..and will for next fall too.. Century (recently redone), Galaxy and Millinueum any how...great itineraries
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM

ParrotMom

I may be able to help you a little with private tour guides as I have booked private guides for all the ports I will be at in October.

And once again Thank You for Auriello in Barcelona...I have him booked

Percy
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 06:37 PM

Keep notes Percy...The Celebrity cruises for late 2007 trans-atlantic are going from Barcelona to the Canary Islands, some to Malaga (great port), Gibraltar,Madeira, a few ports on one ship in the Caribbean and Morocco...several ports.. It seems Morocco is now opening up to cruise ships.. Had many ethical issues about going to Morocco, but I've been doing some reading and as long as the Middle East war doesn't spread So, if yor going to other ports beside Barcelona and Auriello... keep the names of the guides handy.. We did have one for Malaga but I'll be darned if I can find it..Mijas was a wonderful surprise.