Reload this Page >

MARINER AND PORTS

Search

MARINER AND PORTS

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 07:42 AM
neviboy

MARINER AND PORTS

Sailing Oct.26th.from Nice. Anyone on board ?<BR>Also, does anyone have contacts for a personal tour in Taormina,Rhodes,Kusadasi, Corfu and Dubrovnik ?<BR>neviboy

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Jim

Neviboy:<BR><BR>We spoke on this site before I went on the Mariner on May 26, Venice to Rome. You are in for a real treat. Taromina is easy, $10.00 for a cab, to the city.<BR>The ship will dock right beside the old town in Rhodes and go on your own, by taxi, in Dubrovnik. Corfu, old town, is a hike from the dock. In Kusadasi, we had the worlds greatest private tour. Her name is Ayse ( pronounced eye sha)and her email address is [email protected]. Tell her that Jim and Linda said hello. She took us to Priene, Miletus, Didyma and Ephesus in one day. You won't be sorry and this will be one great day. Back to The Mariner, don't miss "Latitudes" , you will love Remy, the Maitre de and Kevin the wine steward is an absolute hoot. Tell him that you understand that Jim (from Florida) suggested a Russian River Chardonnay instead of the house wine. He, a server called Tamara and Remy, will make it one special evening for you. Have fun!

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 01:12 PM
adelle

I'm curious. Was there any charge for changing from the house wine? On the Radisson Diamond, my husband did not care for the red wine served one evening and he was given a different wine - no charge. Haven't been on the Mariner yet. Thanks.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:25 AM
Jim

adelle:<BR><BR>There wasn't an additional charge. What Radisson has done is that they will offer other wines, not on their wine list, at no additional charge. The wine steward told us that if anyone has a request and it is available, all they have to do is ask. Radisson has raised the bar in cruising. We were on the Diamond twice before but I do have to tell you that once you've been on the Mariner, you won't want to go back to the Diamond.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 02:00 PM
NEVIBOY

Thanks Jim. I will contact Ayse before too long. I booked the cruise while on board Mariner in jan. from Ft.Laud. to Lima. Best ship we have ever sailed on, from every aspect.They just reduced the fare and advised us. That's a class act.<BR>Radisson is No.1 in my book.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Adelle

Jim: I was afraid that the Mariner and the new ship coming in 2003 would seem too big with 700 passengers. There were only 133 passengers on the Diamond when we sailed due to 9/11. Our cruise left 9/21/01. The size must not have bothered you if you prefer the Mariner to the Diamond. We will have to give her a try the cruise after our February South America cruise on Song of Flower. Thanks for the information. Adelle

Old Jun 18th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Jim

Adelle:<BR><BR>We also had the number of passengers concern, but I can promise you that you will feel a lot less crowded that on the Diamond. As I may have said before, there were times that you didn't even see anyone else on the ship. Maybe neviboy will throw his two cents worth in on this matter.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 01:46 PM
neviboy

Our Xmas New Years cruise from Ft.Laud. to Lima was full. We enjoy meeting people at a bar around 5 p.m. But due to the free booze in the cabin, that is where they stayed. We met people at the bar when the booze ran out ! By then we were pretty well known and spent some happy hours in each others company. I say good morning or good day to everyone and that starts the ball rolling.<BR>neviboy