Mallorca question

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 05:37 PM
Anne

Mallorca question

I will be cruising the Med out of Barcelona. I am considering spending a few nights, pre-cruise, in Mallorca. Is it worth the effort and expense to go to Mallorca from Barcelona for just a few nights? Also, what is the best way to get to Mallorca from Barcelona?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:20 PM
Peter

Anne - we sailed the Med last June and flew to Mallorca after our cruise from Barcelona. We spent three days at the Marriott in Llucmeyer (spelling?). The round trip air on AirEuropa was $100 apiece and they had flights every couple of hours. The Marriott was truly a five star resort and we paid $125 a night. Mallorca is a wonderfull island and we really needed the rest. The cruise is very port intensive and the beaches of Mallorca were a welcome site.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:42 PM
Anne

Peter, thanks for the reply. It turns out that we might be taking a different ship so that we would also go to Mallorca at the end of the cruise. We might only be able to squeeze in 2 nights instead of 3. Do you think that the trip to Mallorca would still be worth it? Also, did you pre-reserve your Mallorca flights, or did you wait until you were in Barcelona? Thanks again!

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:03 PM
Peter

Anne - any amount of time in Mallorca would be well worth it. We bought our tickets in advance and booked them thru Europbyair.com. They are a consolidator out of Phoenix and use Air Europa - which is a very fine airline.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 07:04 PM
Peter

Sorry Anne - thats europebyair.com. Sorry.