Reload this Page >

Last minute Alaska bargains?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 08:02 PM
carol

Does anyone know if one could get a bargain rate for an undersold Alaskan cruise, or do they have many undersold cruises. Is it worth going to Alaska on a shoestring? We would love to see Alaska and thought if we rush to do it this year, could we do it without braking the bank. I am still debating if we should wait and do more planning, or just wing it now? Any suggestions?

Old May 30th, 2001, 10:15 AM
bb

You may get a great price on an Alaskan cruise last minute, but the won't be any way to FLY there unless you're willing to pay FULL price for an airline ticket. They are all(or mostly) booked.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 01:05 PM
Carol

They have some great last minute deals on www.moments-notice.com. I've been watching them myself and they often change but right now they are offering two different NCL ships (and routes) to Alaska from $439 for an inside or $679 for a window.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 04:13 PM
dana

Hi. I'm going myself in a few weeks, and being nosy (or curious) just thought I'd check around and see what they're offering. I went into a yahoo travel site. I guess it's yahoo vacations or something, and I noticed that on the Mercury (Celebrity) on June 29 they're offering a Cat 11 (inside guarantee) for -- are you ready for this -- $2,100, and that was including air from San Francisco! I thought that was phenomenal. It's a lot less than we're paying, although we're not on the Mercury. But I was really impressed with that, and that included port charges too, but not air taxes. <BR>I don't know the name of the site, except that I went into yahoo - travel - cruises - then typed the date that I was interested in.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 04:14 PM
dana

By the way, that was for 2 people.

Old Jun 3rd, 2001, 09:21 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Dana, <BR> <BR>You did not state whether the cruise is Northbound, Southbound or round trip Vancouver. If it was round trip Vancouver you will miss much of Alaska. Be careful. <BR> <BR>Paul