Fishing in Ketchikan or Juneau

Apr 25th, 2001, 01:26 PM
Jeffrey

Fishing in Ketchikan or Juneau

I am going on a Royal Caribbean cruise to Alaska on the Vision of the Seas at the end of May. I would like to take one of the fishing excursions offered. Does anyone have any insight as to whether it is better to take their fishing charter in Juneau or Ketchikan?

Apr 27th, 2001, 12:56 PM
Jeffrey

Apr 30th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Jeffrey

May 30th, 2001, 10:55 AM
Joe

Jeffrey,
Since there is no one here that has answered, you might try cruisecritic.com. They have a very active board and might be able to answer your question

May 30th, 2001, 04:11 PM
Robert

Went to Alaska last summer-booked fishing in Juneau but it was canceled due to rough seas so booked for Ketchikan and caught a smallish salmon. They prepared it aboard ship for dinner at our table for 10 and it was the best fish I ever ate(all agreed)! What the hell, if you love to fish, do em both. They leave early enough to give you time for other stuff or check other excursions that fishing might get in the way of doing and book fishing for less interesting shore stops. Have a blast!

Jun 4th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Kathy

Hi-we went Celebritylast June. My husband and brother fished via a ship excursion in Ketchikan--and didn't have a nibble. They got some great pictures of eagles, though. I think only 1-2 groups caught any thing that day. Disappointing, but they still enjoyed the day--and we ate lots of salmon on the ship anyway.