Reload this Page >

Is the Ecstasy's suites already booked?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 07:05 AM
Nicky

I have been searching the web for details on the 1/24 sailing of the Ecstacy -- 3 day trip to Baja from L.A. for my husband's 50th. Will be taking our 13 year old son. All I find on the net are rooms on the upper and riviera deck. No suites. Does that mean none are left? What websites should I be looking for? Thanks for your help.

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Paul Therault

Hi Nicky,<BR><BR>Talk to a travel agent. This is what they do.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:22 AM
aaa

Try using icruise.com or cruisesonly.com. Both sites will show you available cabins.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Peter

Nicky - follow aaa's advice or try uniglobe.com - they will list types of cabins and cabin numbers that are available. The 1/24 sailing is all out of suites.<BR><BR>There is only one thing a travel agent can get that you can't get yourself on the internet - his commission!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:13 PM
Nicky

Thanks for all your help. BTW, someone else responded to Paul's message using my name. Paul, I enjoy reading your messages, and would not assail you like that.<BR><BR>My question was perhaps a little inarticulate, so I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was by some of the meanspirited comments. I have not been on a cruise before, and was doing my initial search on the web before bothering a travel agent.<BR><BR>What I meant to ask, albeit obtuse, was whether because I found nothing on the web meant that the rooms are sold out and I should look for another ship, or whether what the websites have listed may be different than what actually still exists in terms of availability.<BR><BR>Thank you for the additional websites to look at.<BR><BR>I did see a travel agent yesterday, and was told the suites are, in fact, sold out, but there are triples. I would ask this board what a triple is, but I fear I will receive more criticism.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:49 PM
jeanne

I thought that Uniglobe.com is a travel agency, just an online one in connection with their regular stores. Why is Peter so mean?

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 01:45 PM
Peter

jeanne - I don't know why you think I'm mean but to answer your question about uniglobe - all of the .coms are technically travel agencies. The traditional &quot;brick and mortar&quot; agencies get very defensive about them being counted as &quot;travel agents&quot;. They like to think of themselves as &quot;full service&quot; and the .com guys/gals as &quot;order takers&quot;. This is, of course, rubbish. The traditionals are upset because the .com people generally work out of their homes, have very little overhead and charge correspondingly less for their services than the agents with office space to rent, advertising to pay for, etc. The only reason I recommended uniglobe is that they tend to show ALL of the available cabins. Sites like Expedia show all available types of cabins but not all of the cabins available; if you know what I mean.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Wondering

Nicky said: I saw a travel agent and they did indeed say all the suites were taken but there were triples. Why, Nicky, didn't you ask the TA what a triple is????

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 03:39 PM
huh?

Now if I were trying to find out something about a certain cat. of cabin,I think I would call the cruise line on their toll free number, rather than wait for someone on the net to tell me something that may or may not be true. But maybe that would be too hard for some to figure out.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Paul Therault

Geez .... what did I start? Nicky stated she was just searching the net. Some people do not realize that is does not cost extra to get the info from a travel agent. Of course there are some bad travel agents same as there are some bad people on this site.<BR><BR>Paul