Search

Is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2009, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it worth it?

Looking to go on a 13 night Princess cruise around polynesia islands. Its a long way to go as we are coming from Europe. Having seconds thoughts, will we regret not going.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Probably. We did a 10 nighter on the Tahatian and we arrived from Chicago to Papeete. The Society islands are the most beautiful tropical sights I've ever seen. I say go.
Old Jun 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM

A bad day on a cruise ship is still better than a good day at the office (or at home). I'll say go for it. If distance is an issue, most people in North AMerica will not go to Asia or South America or Africa, or Europe.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks.

Was the cruise ship good and well organised and did you do the tours they offer at each port of call or did you just do your own thing.
Old Jun 17th, 2009, 06:43 AM

What ship is it? The TP was wonderful really. The crew was great and we did some ship sponsored tours which were all on time and as promised.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Original Poster

Yes it is the same ship TP. The islands we are visiting are Huahine, Rangiroa, Raiatea.Bora Bora and Moorea. Are there any tours you could recommend.

Thanks.
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 07:47 AM

On Moorea look into the dolphin encounter offer by Dr. Michael Poole, if it is still available. We enjoyed that. We dod not go to Rangirora. On Huahine I did a circle island 4 X 4 conducted by quite a character named Joel. He came to Tahiti many moons ago as a hippie from Berkeley, married a local and has resided there ever since. He know every shrub, herb, plan and fruit on that island, how it grows and what medicinal value in may have. On Raiatea we did a 4x4 into the interior and its was amazing really. The natural and unspolied beauty is worth seeing. However I suggest you see what is available and what appeals to you the most. Alot of folks loved other excursions too such as a motu picnic, snorkeling and so on. You will love this cruise and this ship I think. Cheers, Larry
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 07:48 AM

http://www.drmichaelpoole.com/
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Larry you have been a good help. Its nice to hear from someone who has been. Looking forward to it now.

Regards
Sue
Old Jun 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM

No problems. I'm glad you find it helpful Any other ?'s please ask. BTW if your plane leaves late like ours did and you have to be off the ship early you may want to get a day room in Pepeete like we did. We stayed at the Sheraton after disembarking and it was way more comfortable than staying on the ship as we had to vacate our rooms early so they could get ready for the next cruise. I don't know if these circumstances will apply to you but its a thought. Larry
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 08:40 AM
Original Poster

Hi Larry
Our cruise departure is nearly here and we are now having packing dilemmas. We know there are 2 formal nights. Did the men wear black tuxedos or is it more casual as in linen jacket with tie and smart trousers. Dont want to over pack.
Thanks
Susan
Old Sep 21st, 2009, 09:46 AM

Very good!! Formal nights don't mean what they used to. Some men will wear tuxedos but few do. A suit or sport coat with nice trousers will suffice. I have seen men w/o jackets and ties be admitted to the MDR on formal nights so what you described should be fine. I'm happy for you and I think you will love French Polynesia and would be very interested to hear of your impressions when you return. Have a great trip. Larry
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi Larry

Just returned from our cruise which we thought was wonderful. It was just like paradise and we were really pleased we went. The ship was small but cosy and the food really good but maybe a bit too much. We also met some very nice people. After the cruise we stayed at Marco Island in Florida for 3 weeks which was nice and restful before flying home. We are now planning our next holiday. Have you flown with US Airways before and are they good?
Many thanks for your help.
Regards
Susan