Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Is a balcony worth it on Greek Isles/Turkey Royal Caribbean Cruise?

Sep 21st, 2009, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Hello,
I am currently investigating possible destinations for our honeymoon next year, either in August or September. Both my fiance and I love the idea of doing a cruise in the Mediterranean. I like Royal Caribbean's 7 night cruise on the Splendor of the Seas. My question is, is booking a balcony worth it as there is more than a $600 difference pp between a stateroom with a balcony and just an oceanview stateroom. The idea of having a balcony is romantic, but I'm worried we would pay a lot more and always be on the wrong side of things in terms of viewing sites/vistas, etc due to the ship's repositioning or sun glare.

If anyone could voice their opinions in a pc/polite way please, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!
J
Sep 21st, 2009, 05:53 AM

Its really worth it. I would not worry about being on the wrong side. I sort of think there is no wrong side really. It will be more romantic and its your HM. I would say rather than the suns glare think about the moonlight. Go for it!!
Sep 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM

If you can afford it, it's always worth it to have a balcony.
Sep 21st, 2009, 12:00 PM

Absolutely go for it -- I would never cruise without having a balcony -- it is more than worth it's price - I have done Mediterranean -- from Venice to Greece to Turkey and then back to Rome -- some of the 'sail aways' are the best you will ever have!!! Happy honeymoon!!!

Ron
Sep 21st, 2009, 03:14 PM

We have been on several cruises, but last year was the first with a verandah. I think that I would be reluctant to ctuise without one now. It really is worth it. Also get agood agent and you might get some good prices and/or upgrades.