Reload this Page >

Ocean Princes rooms quiet?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 08:10 AM
John

Looking at rooms on Caribe Deck, near front of ship. Noticed that show theatre and disco is 2 levels directly below. Think I'll hear the noise/music? I'm a FREAK for quiet, need the quiet in my room. Also which is better for quiet, front or back of ship?<BR><BR>Thanks!<BR><BR>jm

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Ken

I have sailed on this ship, as well as the Dawn and the Sea Princess. I know of where you mean and been there. Never have I had a problem with noise. The cabins are comfortable and the noise does not permeate through. <BR>Happy Cruising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Mar 29th, 2002, 06:30 AM
John

Many thanks Ken - BIG help!<BR><BR>John

Old Mar 31st, 2002, 02:15 PM
linda

We went on the Ocean Princess about a year ago and are going again in April.<BR>The ship is very quiet, unless noisey late night party crowd in the hall gets a little to loud. I too need lots of quiet to sleep. But I've never had<BR>a problem on any of the Princess ships.<BR>It's really neat to have a balcony and just leave the door open for a nap in the afternoon-with the sound of the waves outside---really relaxing--that's one of the best parts of a cruise, just relaxing.

Old May 6th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Marie

I was recently on the Ocean Princess and was over the Wheelhouse Bar. It was very noisey!!! I complained three times and they really couldn't do anything about it as the ship was full. This was the first cruise that I ever encounter this problem. Princess gave me $400 towards another cruise. I'm sure it wasn't theie first complaint.

Old May 9th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Mandy

John, I was on the Ocean, Emerald deck (forward), which is one deck below promenade deck, two decks below showroom, with teenagers next door. Didn't hear a thing, no sounds of people walking above, no hallway sounds, no kid sounds. Perfect!

Old May 9th, 2002, 06:56 PM
Denise

I just booked a room on the Aloha deck of the new Star toward the stern. I am also worried about the 24 hour buffet above. Princess convinced me that the Aloha deck was better than the Caribe for noise. Any experience?