Reload this Page >

Ideal cruise length for fun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 10:39 AM
julio

I am taking my girl on her first cruise (western caribbean from MIA.) Carnival is ideal for us. We love crowds and fun. I want to know if a 7 day cruise is necesary in order to make a group of friends or is a 4 or 5 day cruise enough for these purposes. Also want to spend a few days touring Miami.<BR>Thanks. Julio

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:04 AM
carol

Julio: the longer the better, I like at least a 10 day cruise. Enjoy !

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:58 AM
maryann

I have been on 7 day cruises and 5 day cruises, i love cruises, but i can honestly say that unless you hit a lot of ports (more than 3) by the 5th day i am ready to go home

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Paul Therault

True, many passengers get homesick on a 7 day cruise.<BR><BR>Paul

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Eric

Julio<BR>Go for 7.EG, Saturday-Saturday.The first day is late like 5pm leaving say Miami.And last day is early back to Miami like 7am.So its really just Sunday-Friday.We usually dont even get our sea legs for a couple of days.A great part of "cruising" is doing just that----sailing on a huge ship having a great time.With as much or as little you want to do.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Bob

Julio:<BR><BR>I'd go for the 7. Reasons:<BR><BR>1. Since 4 & 5 day cruises tend to start on Sundays & Mondays, you miss a week's worth of work anyway.<BR><BR>2. Get more value out of your airfare.<BR><BR>3. You have time to pace your self partying--taking a few days or evenings to just relax and not do much without feeling like you're missing something. (I found a 3-day cruise exhasting!)<BR><BR>4. Newer ships with better crew on longer trips.<BR><BR>While I can see how an inside cabin might get a little old, if you have a balcony you won't want to leave.<BR><BR>Besides, if you offer to perform on the ship, maybe they'll let you sail free!<BR><BR>Good luck and happy cruising!