How is dining room in Radisson Voyager?

Apr 24th, 2004, 08:26 PM
MMSF

How is dining room in Radisson Voyager?

We are considering taking Radisson Seven Seas Voyager to Europe. Has anyone taken a cruise with them recently? Reviews from August 2003 complained that the dining room service is spotty and food so-so. Have they improved or is it still a problem area? Is there food par to the Silversea?

Apr 25th, 2004, 07:13 AM

I have sailed on the Voyager and been very pleased with both the food and the service in Compass Rose, Latitudes and Signatures. Most recently, we cruised on Voyager in October '03 (Venice to Rome) and couldn't have been more pleased....never spotty. I will be on the Voyager again in June (Monte Carlo to Dover) as well. It is a fabulous ship IMO and the food is EXCELLENT!! (My husband owned a restaurant and is very pickey about food and wine both....no complaints) Give it a try!
Jun 1st, 2004, 07:07 PM

We sailed the Mariner to Alaska 03, just returned from Europe after crossing on the Diamond, and intend to sail in January on the Voyager to Papeete. We sail with Radisson almost exclusively because they allow you to make your own dining reservations or have room service that includes items on the dinner menu that night or items from the room service menu. The Mariner and the Voyager dining rooms are supposed to be similar. Obviously, different chefs. Compass Rose is very International, but simple. It's the main dining room. Actually, it was the favorite of our British friend. Latitudes is very different. We were served 3 different items with each course. Reservations. Once during the cruise you can make reservations at the Cordon Bleu restaurant (I forget the name), so everyone can eat there at least once. The food was magnificent!!! At least we thought it was on the Mariner.
And, we were happy with the the food on the Diamond.

We have not sailed the Silver Sea so cannot compare.
Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:58 AM

atlanticcruiser, I think we're on the same cruise. Are you on the 1st segment of the World Cruise leaving LA on January 5th?
Jun 5th, 2004, 02:11 AM

The dining room on the Voyager is wonderful. I can't imagine anyone referring to the service as so-so.???