Hotel ideas, leaving from Miami

Jan 3rd, 2000, 04:39 PM
Karen

Hotel ideas, leaving from Miami

We are taking the Paradise from Miami and need a hotel for one night. Any ideas? Had thought of the Wyndham or Marriot Biscayne Bay or the Sheraton Four Points Miami Beach. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.Karen

Jan 3rd, 2000, 06:27 PM
tress

We just returned from a Christmas Cruise and stayed at the Wyndham Airport. Reservations were made through Hotel Reservations Network and we only paid $106. "total" for a room that overlooked the golf course and pool with 2 queen beds. They have a cruise desk in the lobby along with a shuttle to the airport and to the (cruise) port. There is also a restaurant, car rental desk & gift shop in the lobby. This was a good deal! No need for a taxi or to go out for a meal.

Jan 4th, 2000, 07:10 AM
jc

Miami is a great city and has everything. So you need to decide what your budget is and what you like. If you are on a tight budget you should look for something a few blocks from the ocean and stay at any one of a large number of national chains that will freguently have very cheap rates on new hotels. Such as Hampton Inn or Summerfield. We stayed at a Hampton Inn last year for 50 per night with continental breakfast in Ft. Lauderdale. On our return from Key West a week later we picked up a motel guide at a fast food restaurant and we stayed at a brand new Summerfield in for 39 per night with continental bkfst about 2 blocks from the intercostal waterway. On the other hand if you are young at heart and like to watch/mingle with people. Stay on South beach on Ocean Blvd. If it is a weekend you probably won't sleep too well but the hotels are interesting and the people even more so. I always go blank on the names, but if it is close to the Clevelander it will probably fit this bill. Depending on circumstances you ought to be able to get a room for 100-125 per night. If you want to experience South Beach and sleep too. The Ritz Plaza is not on Ocean Blvd, but you can walk out of the hotel on the beach and it is normally about 125 per night and it is about 6 or 7 blocks from all of the action and shopping. Then you can go eat at Joe's just be sure you get in line at 4:30pm so that you can get a table before 6:00pm (if crabs are in season when you arrive) Not cheap, but you need to be able to say you went there. You can get Stone crabs other places, but Joe's is the place.
have fun, Miami is always an eagerly anticipated stopover for us.

Jul 28th, 2008, 03:18 AM

ttt
Jul 29th, 2008, 06:10 AM

We have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay; it is right "downtown", pretty much a business area, but it was close to Bayside, an area of restaurants, shops (We have walked from the hotel there before, but I don't recommend it...); its probably less than a mile for a cab or driving.

Its a decent hotel; nice views of the bay, etc. Depends what you want to do & how much time you will have....I'd check out South Beach or Miami Beach hotels on Tripadvisor...but I LOVE to be on the beach! It might take a bit longer to get to the Port from South Beach or Miami Beach, but to me, it would be worth it.
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM

We have pretty much always used Priceline for a pre-cruise room. First, we search for best airline prices and if it saves us a lot to fly into FLL (via SW) We do that and take a shuttle to Miami. Unless you already have your air, I suggest you look at both!

You can check biddingfortravel.com and compare prices on downtown hotels. I have rarely spent over 70 dollars using priceline unless there is an event in Miami (such as the Superbowl!!)
Aug 1st, 2008, 12:18 PM

I do realize this thread is very old, but I wanted to reming travelers that just because your cruise leaves from Miami, flying to FLL is often the best deal! Cheers!