Search

Hawaii Cruise

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii Cruise

I'm sure people think this is a stupid question. I have been all over the world but I have never been on a cruise.

What do I pack. Do I have to dress up for dinner? If so, how nice.

Any suggestions on a good cruise?

Thanks
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 01:51 PM

They will tell you how many formal dinners and what's appropriate in the booklet you'll get before the cruise.
Old Dec 13th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Go to www.cruisediva.com for a complete packing list guide for men or women. My wife and I cruised to Hawaii twice with Celebrity cruises. Great service and food. For some great opinions on other lines, visit www.cruisecritics.com site. Hawaii is still my favorite place to visit!

Joy and Peace in Christ,
Bob
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 09:54 AM

For Hawaii bring light, summery clothes. A good pair of binoculares for sight seeing would be a good idea too. As for dressing for dinner it depends on the cruise line. Most have one or two formal nights. "Formal" is defined pretty much the same on all ships but actual practices differ. Celebrity and HAL generally tend to be more strict in their interpretation of dress codes though not absolutely. Most other lines are a bit more relaxed in enforcing dress codes for formal nights. In fact I've seen passengers admitted to the dining area on formal nights with smart casual attire so little if anything is followed to the letter.
NCL does alot of hawaaian cruises but their reviews, esp. on those ships that tour Hawaii have been spotty. The sites mentioned above can give you alot more good info in this regard.
Hope this helps. Larry
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 03:09 PM
pat

The HAL and Celebrity cruises leave from the US west coast. NCL is the only one who just sail around Hawaii. We had bad food and service with them, so don`t recommend them.
Old Dec 16th, 2006, 08:48 PM

Wow -- just read the cruisediva 's list for a seven day cruise -- that is a lot of clothes. We follow a much simplier approach -- aka Rick Steves --- each family member has one carryon size bag and one family rolling, carry on size bag that holds the formal cruise clothes. Often we are allowed to take our carry on straight to the cabin and don't have to wait for delivery. Don't need a lot of clothes but they must be very carefully matched so that many different looks can be created from a few simple items. Good luck -- Frank