Has anyone booked with Cruise Vacation Outlet

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I search cruiseaddicts. Can't find any information on Cruise Vacation Outlet.
Does anyone have any positive or negative dealings with this company?
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 03:33 AM

Go to cruisecritic.com and ask........
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 08:05 AM

Yes, I've booked with them. This is a very good outfit in Orlando. Ask for Bob Durnan--he's a long-time pro.
Old Apr 12th, 2007, 03:19 PM

I had a horrible experience with Cruise Vacation Outlet, so much so that I thought they took my money and ran. I booked a very expensive trip with them and didn't have tickets three days before I was suppose to leave the country. They didn't respond to messages quickly, messed up my flights, and were rude. The owner hung up on me! Use any other agency, but this one!!!
Old Apr 25th, 2007, 05:39 PM
CVO

Hi this is Todd - President of Cruise Vacation Outlet - just came across this message board and feel compelled to respond to WLFlower negative feedback on myself and the company. Mrs B.. last name not complete for their privacy - did book a last minute cruise (Jan 31st) for the Galapagos sailing Mar 2nd, the air deviation request was attempted and unfortuately we were at the mercy of Celebrity Cruise lines air sea dept in getting their tickets to them - yes - they were late. We regret it was late but also not in our control - no edocs are allowed with this cruise and since Celebrity was booking the flights we worked diligently to try and get them expediated to the clients. As for hanging up on Mrs B. - we were disconnected, I believe it was due to a lightening strike that night and within a minute she was called right back - I guess she chooses to forget that point. What I do stand by is that as a company I take pride in making sure we handle all our clients with care and courtesy. We have a great but not perfect BBB rating - please check it out - for the thousands of clients booked each year we have had 4 complaints in the last 12 months - I personally resolve each of those. We look forward to working with you ozrose and I personally look forward to assisting Mrs E. B. when she is ready to make another cruise reservation - I prefer to earn your respect and business. Thanks for reading - Todd
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 06:20 AM
del

Any good or bad things about Cruise Travel Outlet, there located in Boston.

Booked a cruise for Sept, and haven.t heard anything for a couple of weeks, about cabin location,etc. Is this usural?

As you can tell we are first time cruisers.

Thanks,
Del
Old Apr 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM

del, if you booked a "GTY" Guarantee category, you could be assigned a cabin tomorrow or the day of sailing, could be anytime in between.
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 11:11 AM

Hi Todd - President of Cruise Vacation Outlet . I hope you will take action to respond and provide a resolution that is fair. Here is my issue:

My sister and I booked our Disney cruise 3-days apart. We both booked through Vacation Outlet. My sister’s agent provided an onboard $50 credit to use on the ship and a tiered cash reimbursement (based on the total cost of the package) upon return. I also submit my request for reimbursement for my total cost package and had no problems. However, I did not receive my $50 onboard spending credit during the cruise. I was told by a Disney agent to take it up with Vacation Outlet. Basically, the Vacation Outlet agent neglected to apply the $50 on-board credit to my package and in return, I was told that “unfortunately it was my loss”. The only resolution offered was a $100 credit towards my next booking. The catch….I had to book through Vacation Outlet. For those of you familiar with banking regulations, this resembles a tying arrangement. The gesture was nice, but I had a sizeable credit card bill that I needed to satisfy and the $50 cash credit, although not much too some folks, would help satisfy the bill.

Vacation Outlet would rather loss future customers over $50 rather than just acknowledging that this was the agent's fault and credit my account $50. Unbelievable!! The names of Vacation Outlet agents (Mrs. Sypriess and Maggie and Esther) would not matter since I was informed that this is the philosophy and culture of Vacation Outlet…. "The company is always right and the customers will always loss out".

To all my friends and family who I have copied, please beware when booking or making travel arrangements through vacation Outlet!
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 12:19 PM

I feel compelled to respond to Kadoochie. I have booked my last eight cruises with VCO (specifically Todd). All the staff have been very professional and issues have always been resolved. Yes, sh*t happens. As for the $100 credit to be used at VCO, it is no different than an airline giving you back credit that has to be used with the airline. I stand behind Todd and his company. I would not use anone else to book my cruises.

Hope you at least had fun on your cruise.
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM

I live in the Orlando area and wanted a travel agent whom I could meet with and talk to face-to-face. Cruise Vacation Outlet gave me whatever time I needed and I was fully satisfied with their services. Without a doubt, I will use them for our next cruise in 2014.

Old Oct 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
CVO

Hi Kadoochie, this is Todd Elliott from Cruise Vacation Outlet. I don't normally monitor this board and just came across this issue today. The difficulty with sites like this is not knowing who the client actually is by name...to try and find in our database. I certainly don't recall any email directly to me to address any complaints regarding a Disney ship board credit. What I do think we have here is a case of company mistaken identity - we are Cruise Vacation Outlet and your issue is with Vacation Outlet, two totally separate companies. I did call them tonight at 800-825-3633 and they do have a manager name Cyprus at ext 37770. That is where this should be sent to and the complaint address to. What I am happy to see is BarbAnn and Orlando_Vic giving our company a Vote of Confidence in dealing with us, again I don't know who you are by the stage name but we appreciate your business and Thank You for your support, not knowing all the details. We are a A+ BBB ranked company, not perfect but we do try hard to please everyone. Kadoochie if I am correct that your complaint is not with our agency please correct the complaint or reach out to me directly. Thank you.
Old Feb 24th, 2016, 03:01 PM

Avoid these people. All of them. The manager and sales people. They treat you like a car dealership. Put a hefty deposit on a very expensive. Have to cancel 10 days later, so penalty. Good old Bob just didn't mention there was a $200 adm fee from Regent , and now he won't get my money back. Don't use them. Dishonest.
Old Feb 25th, 2016, 06:53 AM

First post eh?

I have used Cruise Vacation Outlet for several years and they have my full trust.

Old Feb 25th, 2016, 10:11 AM

"Good old Bob just didn't mention there was a $200 adm fee from Regent , and now he won't get my money back."

Did you ask about the cancellation policy beforehand? If not, why not?