Harwich UK - Boston / Sept 1 2004

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2004, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone on the 11 days royal caribbean cruise from Harwich, UK to Boston , USA; sailing on Sept. 01, 2004!!!!!!
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 12:30 PM

we were on the BOS from Harwich to Boston two years [email protected] for more info
Old Aug 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Original Poster

Doing 10 days from UK to USA. Have done many cruises in the caribbean and never felt sick with motion, is it different on open see, the atlantic ocean... quite concerned about those 5 days navigating.
parrotmon, was the motion of the sea most intense?
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 08:47 AM

One evening we hit a major storm...the Captain outran it and because of the stabilizers or whatever system they had it didn't seem to bother me too much. On the other hand the rocking of the ship (we were on Deck 8) before I fell asleep made me want to remember where my life jacket was. Another ship, a Princess, we had heard lot 6 windows. Would I do it again...absolutely, but not on RCL..EVER BTW I do have a tendency to be seasick and was quite prepared.
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Original Poster

Hello Parrot mom......... when you said you were ready and anticipated for motion sickness, what did you take...
You have been wonderful...
Heard most medication make people feel drowsy..hate that feeling. any experience with bands, patches?
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:25 PM

Hi..I have something that I have picked up inBermuda called Sturgeron (also available in London)...it iswhat the yachtsmen use. On top of that I take ginger tablets-available at a health food store (remember whenyou got flat gingerale from your mother when you were sick)..If you buy something here look to make sure it's a non-drowsy formula.. Also, if your doing RC transfers...be aware when we went to Harwich it was complete chaos...thousands of people waiting in line to sign in... even though we were on a bus..I think it was at least a two h0ur ride from London with a grumpy driver. When I saw the area with thousands waiting I should have known that RC didnt have their act together...it was a nightmare. BUT their rep in London was quite helpful.. BTW make reservations and you can on line to take a tour of Buckingham Palace..it's opened while your there...it's an incredible experience. For more info please write..
Old Aug 5th, 2004, 02:26 PM

You don't want to wear the patch... many people who do have blurry eye sight and can't figure out why.