Reload this Page >

GRAND PRINCESS RE: MEDICAL FACILITIES

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8th, 2000, 06:34 AM
Marlen

I'm interested in whether anyone had to consult a doctor on board (not that this'll be necessary)...but wondered if the medical facility/staff were acceptable..Thanks...Marlen

Old Jun 9th, 2000, 05:02 AM
Betsy

We sailed on the Grand Princess in April, 1999. My then 12-year-old son developed an earache. We took him to the medical facility, where he was diagnosed with an ear infection. He was given an antibiotic and eardrops. The medical staff we saw (doctor and nurse) were British. They provided us with the paperwork we needed in order to get reimbursement from our medical insurer back home. We were reimbursed for the full amount, less our usual co-pays. We were very satisfied with the care our son was given. <BR> <BR>We sailed on RCI's Rhapsody of the Seas in January, 1998. My mother came down with the flu, and was dehydrated. We called the infirmary, because it was late afternoon, and they were not open for walk-ins. They told us to bring her down right away, and they would see her. She spent a few hours in the infirmary, which appeared very modern, and equipped to give emergency care. The doctor was a gorgeous Norwegian. We all considered faking sprained ankles, just for the chance to see him again.

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 03:57 AM
Beckie

My uncle is a diabetic. He was on the Crown Princess thru the Panama Canal last Nov. I have to mention that my uncle doesn't behave himself with his diabetes. We later found out that he'd left his glucometer (the device to test his sugar level) back at the dock in his car. They boarded on Tues. and he didn't eat, but they did a lot of walking. He woke up at 7 on Wed. and he passed out on the bed. He'd had a sugar reaction. Response time was immediate! My family said the infirmary was as good as any US hospital and the staff (at least one dr.) was more attentive. My uncle was lucky. He was allowed to stay on board (Princess could have required he be flown home w/a dr. if he condition warrented.) More importantly, the medical staff was excellent and he is still with us.

Old Jul 19th, 2000, 10:02 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Princess has excellent medical facilities, especially the Grand Princess which has a trauma center. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 05:29 PM
theresa

I saw on a TV show that they have a CCTV hooked up on the Grand. If the doctor has any questions - he can turn on the cameras and a hospital can see the patient and everything going on. It looked very sophisticated.