Reload this Page >

Getting sick on the ship

Search

Getting sick on the ship

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 02:44 PM
tasha

Getting sick on the ship

I have hearing alot about people getting sick. What is making them sick? Is it only Holland America or other lines too? Thanks.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:52 PM
Starfish

All cruise lines have had this Norwalk Like Virus at one time or another. <BR><BR>HAL,NCL, Celebrity, RCLn (i think), and now Disney have all had in the last 2 months.<BR>Seems like it would not go away on the Amsterdam, so the ship is being cleaned for the next 10 days. <BR>There was a lot of outbreaks in the Northwest this past summer.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 10:02 AM
alex

Yes, I also read that Princess had an outbreak during the summer in the Alaska route.<BR>Alex

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 02:49 PM
maryann

Probably all the cruiselines will have some illness. Just like a bug that hits everyone a work.<BR><BR>A close enviornment will spread the bug.<BR>A vacation type place will get the publicity, because it is voluntary and expensive. Work is mandatory.

Old Nov 23rd, 2002, 03:31 PM
Bobbie

The ship that got the most publicity about how many passengers came down with a virus was HAL Amsterdam, but we recently sailed on the Celebrity's new Constellation - transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale and I think about half the passengers were sick. I, myself, was not affected, but my sister was in the ship's hospital for a day and a half. My husband and one of our tablemates were ill for just one day. It is on more ships than people realize.