Reload this Page >

Galaxy - Greek Isles

Search

Galaxy - Greek Isles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2004, 04:08 AM
PhilLois

Galaxy - Greek Isles

We are planning our first-ever cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy from Rome to the Greek islands and back for 10 days in June. Has anyone done this trip? Does it make sense to have 3 days "at sea" instead of a shorter cruise with a port every day? Can anyone comment on the relative importance of a window or balcony versus an interior cabin? Any other advice appreciated. Thanks.

Old Oct 21st, 2004, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to post the same thing. I'm actually on that cruise, departing June 24th. I've talked to some people that have been on it, and they say it is fantastic. Guess I'll see you there!
Old Oct 21st, 2004, 02:44 PM

Phillois:
I think you will appreciate the days at sea---if for nothing else but to sleep in. Those Med. cruises can be very tiring. Up at 5:30 so you can be off the ship by 7:30 or so and spend the whole day off the ship.

You should have a wonderful time. Celebrity is my favorite cruise line!!
Is this your 1st time ever cruise or 1st time ever on the Galaxy?
Old Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM

We're doing the same thing in May. It's our 3rd Med cruise and believe me, you will welcome the "At Sea" days. You will be able to sleep in and rest up. These are intense port stops for the most part. If nothing else, it will take you a while just to catch up with your journal!

On this Greek island cruise you will be seeing some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and if you can fit it in your budget - try for a balcony. The sheer glory of standing outside in the fresh air and seeing the sights appear - or get fainter is beyond description. The very first thing we do in the morning is to walk out on the balcony, check the weather, and feel so humble that we are lucky enough to be on a cruise and see such glorious sights.
You will just love this cruise!

Other advice? Don't anticipate too much and don't believe everything that you read in the posts. Remember that they are just people's opinions. You are going to be on the adventure of a lifetime. Your first CRUISE!
Have a wonderful time.
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 03:08 PM

We are also booked for the Galaxy 11-night cruise to the Greek Isles, leaving Sept. 5, 2005.
However, if you'll notice, PhilLois' post is dated 4-12-2004, regarding a cruise this past June.
Hopefully , the cruise was taken and was a great success. It would be nice if the poster came back on and reviewed it for those of us who will be going next year!