Search

first timer on a cruise

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first timer on a cruise

Hello.
My family and I are going on a cruise in Aug 15-22,2004 on Inspiration Carnival. Has anyone taken Ispiration before? Can I bring snacks and beverages on board? Are the excursions reasonable or can I get a better deal on shore? Cruise goes to Costa Maya, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Belize.
Thanks.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 06:14 AM

Why would you need snacks? I believe you will find all the food you could possibly want on board. But taking snacks aboard would be okay.

Carnival is very strict about taking beer, wine, booze on board. A bottle of water would probably make it through the screeners though.

Have you checked the Carnival website for excursion ideas and prices??? Just a thought....I haven't looked there.

I'm sure others can give you pointers on this forum. If not, try www.cruisecritic.com under the Carnival forum.

My Carnival days are over, so I haven't cruised them for many years.

Good luck!!
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 11:58 AM

Just to let you know, almost every imaginable question is asked at cruisecritic.com in the "first time cruisers" forum.
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you very much
Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
esd

My daughter and her husband took their very first cruise on the Inspiration (at my urging) when it was still out of NO. In fact they were on that ship the week of 9/11! Granted, that event put a damper on them and activities and yet they enjoyed the experience of cruising and are hooked...as are we. I know this doesn't answer any of your questions but I know you will have fun and enjoy yourselves.

Yes, they have no qualms about your bringing snacks and even some drinks (not alcohol of course) on board. Ship excursion prices are high so I would research that on this site and other crusie sites and take the advice of some seasoned cruisers.

Happy cruisin'!