Far Future cruise booking

Jan 16th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

Far Future cruise booking

I read lots of cruise reviews and I see some people have future cruises booked to the end of the next year. Is this price driven bookings or some other factors based? I am about to checl cruise price for December to compare.
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM

One reason is popular cruises sell out way in advance now. If you want a specific category or cabin, or if you need several cabins next to each other, it is better to book as soon as you can. Another reason is on Princess for example (may be on other lines too) you get onboard credit and reduced deposit $100 if you make future booking while on your cruise.
Jan 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Are you following me? lol
Oh, really? (it is about reduced deposit)...
Do they offer booking while on cruise or you asking? And how old are you btw?

Another Q.
How do you appraise cruise as 'popular' compare to...to know if it is selling fast? I want to try Oceana - it is sold mostly until 2007. For THAT kind of money!!! So it is popular? I am confused and tired...
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:24 AM

Here are the answers to your Q's in an order they were received:
1) No, I just have some spare time at my work (please don't report me to my boss).
2) Yes, really.
3) On Princess and RC, they advertise incentives for booking on board and are sure happy to sell it to you, so you don't need to ask. BTW, I remembered now another perk: on Princess, your deposit $100 per person is valid for 4 years and you don't have to book a specific cruise on board, can choose it later.
4) This is getting personal, and we need to figure the way to exchange e-mails.
5) Now this is the best Q that I don't have an answer. There used to be peak season/off season times and popular destinations. Now cruising has become so popular that looks like you can run into sold out ship any time of the year and any destination. Especially if it is small ships or exotic itineraries, that don't repeat too often. That is probably the reason in your case with Oceana.
Jan 16th, 2006, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

HA! How old are you is personal? HA!
It seems you know so much and I'll be happy to exchange emails, for whatever reason you want mine - beyound me, anyway my transaction email is [email protected]

Thanks and...thanks