Reload this Page >

Explorer or Rhapsody?

Search

Explorer or Rhapsody?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Laura

Explorer or Rhapsody?

We live in Houston. I have been on several cruises. My husband and two children (6 and 9) have not. We are debating between taking the Rhapsody out of the local port here, and not having to buy plane tix ($1200) vs going to Florida to be on the Explorer. The cruise ships are a "similar" price for balcony cabins. Or we can save another $1200 and have an outside cabin on the Rhapsody.<BR>I have only had balcony cabins, but now that there are 4 people to pay for, the cost is a bit higher! Thanks for any input! The Explorer has been so hyped, I do not want to be disappointed on the Rhapsody. (It is getting refubished beginning last week--April 14, 2002--including new carpet, 1/2 basketball court and miniature golf--but no ice skating or in line skating)I want the kids to have a good time!

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Laura,<BR><BR>Don't worry about the kids. They will have a good time on any ship. Granted the Explorer is a destination in itself the itinerary is nothing to write home about.<BR><BR>For $1,200 or a balcony, my vote would be for the Rhapsody. Also better itinerary. <BR><BR>As more and more ships are launched the price of the Voyager and Explorer will go down. <BR><BR>Paul

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:46 AM
Laura

YAY! I got a deal over the weekend and the Voyager is now cheaper in a balcony cabin than the Rhapsody in an outside cabin! And the airfare went down 30%. So we are going on the BIG SHIP!!<BR>Thanks for your input!

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:05 AM
John

We were on the Explorer in October with our two teenagers and we all had a ball. You will be amazed with the Promenade; its awesome. Have a great cruise. P.S. - we were on the Rhapsody as well and its a great ship also.

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:17 PM
Paul Therault

<BR>Don't miss the first parade down the promenade. It is called the Yellow Submarine. It's really cool. Better to position yourself on one of the balconies either at the front or rear of ship and get there about 20 minutes before the parade starts. Don't get into the crowd on the promenade. <BR><BR>For the ice shows sit in the middle of the ice not at either end.<BR><BR>Enjoy,<BR><BR>Paul<BR><BR>