Reload this Page >

Experts of the Mediterranean

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Stan

Looking at a cruise next summer and have a couple ?'s<BR><BR>1) Is the Mediterranean known for having calm or rough waters, I'm prone to seasickness? (Greek Islands)<BR><BR>2) For those who have done both would you suggest a cruise of the Greek Islands or spending more time on each island and getting around by ferry? Why?<BR><BR>Thanks

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 07:19 AM
Rick James

try posting this in the Europe section. It is my experience that the mediterranean is calm compared to the caribbean and the English channel.<BR><BR>Definately do not cruise the greek islands. They really should be seen by ferry and walking around or renting scooters. You can usually get cheap accommodation (10-20 Euro per person) when you arrive by ferry (lots of people waiting at the docks).

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 11:50 AM
tttt

tttt

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 08:28 PM
ttttttttttt

tttttttttttttt

Old Jul 20th, 2002, 07:39 AM
Andy

Stan--<BR>The MED is usually very calm-- we did Rome to Nice on the Windsurf and it was wonderful.....<BR><BR>If I did the Greek Islands, I would do a ferry to each island on my own and stay at each island for however long I wanted--I had friends who did the USUAL greek island cruise ship (Olympic) and hated it-they did not have enough time in each port to do things.....