Does Princess have free ice cream ??

Sep 14th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Does Princess have free ice cream ??

I have heard you have to pay for ice cream on Princess? Is this true? (All the cruises I have gone on always have soft serve ice cream machines)
Sep 14th, 2003, 08:03 AM

I believe Princess has free ice cream in the dining room only. You have to pay for it otherwise. I believe the "you got to pay for it" is Haagen Daaz.
Sep 16th, 2003, 06:53 PM

They do serve ice cream at lunch and dinner in the dining rooms. One more reason my wife doesn't miss a meal in the dining room if possible. I find there is more than enough opportunities to overeat, and I take as many as possible, without having to pay any extra.
Sep 16th, 2003, 09:07 PM

According to my parents, who returned 2 weeks ago on the Grand Princess, you now have to pay for the ice cream bar ...Haagen Daaz.
Sep 17th, 2003, 04:37 AM

One has always had to pay for Haggan Daaz.

There is free home made ice cream in the dining room for lunch and dinner and in the Horizon Court in the afternoons (normally around 3). Their home made ice cream is better then any ice milk ice cream I have had on other ships. On RCCL, the entire week I was on the Explorer - it was liquid soft serve - it was gross.
Sep 17th, 2003, 11:29 AM

Ditto what Theresa said. I much prefer their free 'homemade' ice cream to the Haagen Daaz.
Nov 1st, 2003, 03:30 PM

Princess has some wonderful attributes, but in certain areas it nickel & dimes you. Ice cream between meals is one of those areas. The other is soft drinks. Pack yourself a 12 pack of canned soda per traveler - you'll be glad you did. If you arrange your own transportation to the ship, stop on the way to the ship to buy it.

Search this Thread