Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Travel Topics > Cruises
Reload this Page >

Do you wear your Disney clothes into port?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Barb

While I have been in crowded ports I have seen people wearing all kinds of Disney clothings and hats and bags and stuff. Obviously these people just got off of the Disney ship.<BR><BR>Does that cruiseline encourage its passengers to look as goofy as possible so they can get the Disney discount?<BR><BR>I mean, it is fine to wear a polo shirt that is embroidered with a Disney figure, but for a grown adult to walk around Nassau with some huge furry hat or mouse-ears is just weird.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Donnie

Barb<BR><BR>You've obviously never been on a Disney Ship. THEY MAKE YOU WEAR THAT STUFF OR YOU DON'T GET OFF THE SHIP, SISTER! They have one of the chipmonks, I think it was Dale, guarding the exit and if your outfit doesn't have Disney on it, you're staying on board that day.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:32 AM
Sally

Barb<BR><BR>I was once threatened by Minnie Mouse for not having a Disney t-shirt on in the Bahamas. She shook that big finger right in my face in front of all those people behind me who were wearing the required exit clothing. I've never been so humiliated.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:46 AM
xxx

Hey-what's wrong with that? You're on vacation. Who cares what other people think? I personally think its fun when you see an adult wearing some goofy Disney hat or whatever. Just part of the vacation atmosphere.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 09:49 AM
Man

Thanks everyone you just gave me the first laugh of the day ! keep it up .

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 03:38 PM
jb

Barb,<BR><BR>We were on a Windstar Cruise (no kids, very upscale) and there was a couple who were about 50 and everyday they wore these weird Disneyish clothes that matched! Very odd but somewhat entertaining!<BR><BR>JB

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:28 AM
PJ

JB, I also like to make fun of the people who think it is "cool" to wear the Disney garb. They must really have no clue how funny they look.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 08:59 AM
LB

I like to make fun of people who like to make fun of people.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 11:59 AM
JB

PJ & LB,<BR><BR>I guess I am making fun of them - but I guess I wasn't thinking about it that way. I just had never seen anything like it. Like I said, it wasn't quite Disney clothes, it was more like a white shirt with a GIANT "Disneylike" duck running across it and another one running across the pants. And there was a matching hat. I don't think people that wear Disney t-shirts or sweatshirts are too weird...I can't, my mother-in-law is OBSESSED with Disney!

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Poptart

Wow, first you pay more for a Disney cruise, and then they tell you how to dress or you don't get off the ship? People actually pay extra to be told how to dress? <BR>

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 11:11 AM
Riga

Ho, boy, some people sure are easily fooled, hey? <BR><BR>Poptart, I've got some penny stocks I want to sell, you in the market?