cruising Australia + NZ?

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 06:26 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cruising Australia + NZ?

we are thinking about that once in a lifetime trip to that corner of the world, and some friends have recommended cruising it. What line offers the best cruise and what makes it so special? Would you do the experience as a cruise, or stick to land-based? Thanks from an active boomer couple!
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 09:40 AM

We took a fantastic cruise to Australia and New Zealand last November on Radisson (now Regent). They have a similar cruise this November. If you'd like more info, contact me at [email protected].
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 11:30 AM

I too have been to Australia and New Zealand on Radisson Seven Seas (now Regent Seven Seas) and would highly recommend it. They really are gorgeous countries with such nice people!! It was one of the BEST itineraries we've ever done. Dreps and I are probably thinking of the same itinerary for November...Here is a link that may explain more (look on the left side of the page) http://www.bkrssc.com/06_MAR061115.ESC.htm

By all means GO....you won't regret it!
Old Apr 1st, 2006, 06:03 PM

My significant other and I did this trip from Mid January to early February on Holland America's Statendam.

NZ/Aus is a great corner of the world. If you take a land based trip, you can see more and see it in depth. If you cruise, once you are on the ship, you unpack once and are free to tour, to relax and to consume the delicious food they will provide.

I had a hard time convincing my friend to cruise because he sailed 250,000 miles courtesy of the U.S. Navy during WWII, but once we did it, he loved it and our NZ/Australia cruise was our 3rd HAL trip.

Whichever way you do it, enjoy it and have a wonderful time. You will love both countries and the great people you will meet.
Old Apr 2nd, 2006, 06:58 PM

In Feb./March we went on a Tauck World Discovery tour, ten days land tour in AU, with two flights within AU, then got on the Diamond Princess for a 12 cruise of Tasmania/New Zealand and numerous stops. It was a very enjoyable and interesting tour and I assume other tour companies do this tour.