Cruising Australia and NZ

Apr 9th, 2019, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

Cruising Australia and NZ

We cannot take a land tour due to issues with my husband, so cruising is our only option. We are looking at a Seaborn cruise to Australia and New Zealand, which means not seeing the outback area. Can we still enjoy both countries without a land tour?
Apr 9th, 2019, 09:31 AM

Can we still enjoy both countries without a land tour?

By land tour do you mean a tour offered by the cruise company at a port of call? Is your husband able to leave the boat at all? If he can't leave the boat, he won't see much of either country, let alone the middle bits.

If he's able to leave the boat for shore excursions when the cruise boat stops, you will definitely get a taste of both countries.
Apr 9th, 2019, 01:54 PM

I'm sure you can enjoy both the cruise and visiting New Zealand and Australia. Shore excursions usually offer an option for passengers with mobility problems or you could hire a taxi to give you a quick look around. I know that in Auckland, Wellington and Sydney, for example, the cruise terminal is close to the city so easy to wander around by yourself if that is your choice.
Apr 10th, 2019, 05:38 AM
Original Poster

i mean a land tour instead of cruising, seeing the outback, etc. I want to feel that cruising will give us a taste of NZ and that even though I done get o the outback or GB Reef I have seen the country .. Of course Sydney will b great.
Apr 10th, 2019, 02:05 PM

Yes, it will give you a taste, you'll see the edges. But if that's your only option, it's certainly better than nothing!