Reload this Page >

Cruise lines' private islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:38 AM
Angelina

I haven't seen much feedback on these stops. Anybody care to share their experience? Thanks!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 08:57 AM
sandy

Angelina, I would guess the reason for no feedback on this subject would be, not much to tell you. Normally you tender in, which takes a lot of time. If you went to one, you have done all. They are very clean, lots of water activity, food and generaly a gift store.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:21 AM
xyz

I can't speak for other cruise lines, but the majority of the time you can't get to RCCL's CoCo Cay. I have heard more people along with myself not beeen able to get to their island because of inclement weather. Oh I know it's too dangerous to dock a ship of that size in rough seas. Ever heard of a shuttle? <BR>Oh well, have fun with this one.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 10:28 AM
johnG

We couldn't get to Princess Cay because the water was too rough for tenders to safely transport passengers back and forth. <BR> <BR>We did make it to HAL's private island. The snorkeling was mediocre but the gear was free. So were the flotation mats. They had a good barbeque, nice picnic area, a few shops, etc. There were 2 HAL ship anchored there and it wasn't a bit crowded. Overall very enjoyable.

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 05:53 PM
Nikole

Wasn't overly impressed by Princess's private Island. Then again that may be because we visited Disney's Island first! That place (Disney) was spectacular. Completely like a little Island Paradise in the middle of nowhere. Of course Disney spent the big bucks to build a pier they could pull their ships into which I think seems to be a major difference. I really did not care for the lifeboat tender to the Island on Princess! It seemed long and choppy. It was also extremely hot the day we visited Princess's island and it didn't seem like there was much shade AND their BBQ buffet line was amazingly long. (The only time I saw a line on the trip). Disney however, very little wait for food, a lot more plants, trees and shading.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 12:05 AM
Paul Therault

<BR>Hi Angelina, <BR> <BR>My choice for the best island paradise with the best facilities and enjoyment is Disney. <BR> <BR>Paul

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Mary

We went on RCCL last October out of Miami, with stops in Bahamas, Cococay, and Key West. Actually, I liked the private island better then all the rest cause the water was fine, snorkeling good, food lines not bad, and neither was the food Hamburgers, hotdogs chicken salad. There were enough beach chairs, the gift shop people didn't hassle like in the Bahamas and it was just very pretty and relaxing.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 07:55 PM
April

We loved our day on Holland America's Half Moon Cay. Walk down the beach a little from the mob and you have it nearly to yourself. Best of all - there are no hawkers! Parasailing was a laugh and offered gorgeous views of the island.