Cheap cruises online

Dec 6th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Cheap cruises online

Does anyone know of online sites that might offer cheap cruise fares? Are these sites cheap, safe and reliable? I'm looking for cheap fares for cruises on the Caribbean, departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico. Thank you.
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:19 AM

Try cruisecompete.com, where several agencies vie for your business. Then there's bestpricecruises.com and cruises-n-more.com. I can't recommend cruisequick.com because I had a very bad experience with them.
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:01 PM

I cannot recommend cruisequick. Horrible experience, and due to legal matters cannot go into it. However they are not a member of ASTA or another other travel organization. I would be very careful with them.
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:42 PM

Curious about your disappointment with cruisequick.com I've used them in the past several times for mass marketed cruises and was very satisfied with excellent service. I priced around and they offered the best prices as well. The most recent time I used them was a year ago....something must have happened since?? Tell us more...
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:58 PM

In my case, I received a $150 per person discount from Princess cruises for a future cruise. When I sent the coupon, cruisequick kept the ENTIRE COUPON as comission and did not give me ANY discount on the cruise. This happened after I already booked the cruise and paid for it in full. Many, many emails were sent always with the excuse "I'll get back to you" which they never did. They backdoored me and I will never do business with them again. You cannot reach these people by phone and it is very easy to blow the customer off. Costly mistake.
Dec 6th, 2004, 12:59 PM

Sorry, I cannot discuss it at this time. No doubt they read these boards. I will say that if the cruise line had not come to our assistance our money would have been lost. So, when people get critical of the actual cruise lines, and not their specific cruise, remember they can be very helpful. To quote the line "we have never heard of an agent doing this to anyone"......enough said.
Dec 6th, 2004, 01:40 PM

I would also recommend CruiseCompete.com

You never know which agency is going to have the best price on any given sailing, and this is the easiest way to shop around.

They also provide adncy bios and links to Better Business Bureau reports.
Dec 6th, 2004, 08:03 PM

Another thumbs up for cruisecompete.com. Have used them several times, all with excellent results. HOWEVER, you should know exactly what you want (ship/destination/cabin category/dates) before submitting your request. If you do your homework, this is an excellent way to get some good pricing.
Dec 7th, 2004, 06:02 AM

ICruise.com

Cruises of Extinction.

used both w/o any problems.
Dec 8th, 2004, 06:56 AM

Rhea:

Did you mean Cruises of Distinction?

("Cruises of Extinction" sounds like there would be no survivors...)
Dec 8th, 2004, 07:54 AM

I too DO NOT RECOMMEND CRUISEQUICK.COM. I only wished that I had about this site prior to booking with them. I have seen many negative reviews and very small positive reviews about them. I canceled my reservations one day after booking it and no one replied back to me even after numerous emails. Two days later, they canceled and provided me with a cancellation number. They told me it would take 4 weeks to get it credited back to my account. I have never heard of such a thing! Wells, its been well over a month and I have yet to see a refund. Thank goodness I put it on my credit card and not my debit card because I would be out $1200. My credit card company is now investigating the refund. I have never received an email from them since they ignore all my emails. I have nothing but complaints for this company and I urge everyone NOT to use this website. Remember, you can't call them, only communicate via email which they will never respond to. The worse customer service and company I'd ever dealt with!
Dec 8th, 2004, 09:39 AM

With reference to communication with cruisequick.........even the cruise line that was taking care of their mess couldn't get in touch with them.....saving a few bucks isn't worth the stress.
Dec 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM

Another vote for CruiseCompete.com. That's how I found an agent whose bid was about $80/person lower than the next lowest bid. One side warning: make sure that the rate quoted to you has no restrictions (i.e., age or state of residence). I was once offered a good rate that turned out to be a "senior" rate. It's no fun showing up for the cruise and finding out you have to pay extra $ to embark.
Dec 8th, 2004, 12:37 PM
megsterl

stick to travel agents, because they will usually meet any prices you find on line. that way you know that everything is included including surcharges, and port charges.

Dec 8th, 2004, 05:05 PM

Who in their right mind would name a company:
Cruises of Extinction?? Very Scary!
Dec 8th, 2004, 10:07 PM

Lol @ the "cruises of extinction" You leave never to be seen or heard of again and no one ever knows what happened, kinda like the ice ages! That was cute.
Dec 9th, 2004, 04:48 AM

Mea culpa! I'm not called Ms
Malaprop for nothing.

Orig. Cruises of DIStinction was
by snail mail but they are finally
gone on-line.
Dec 9th, 2004, 06:27 AM

First, shop around with different companies - not just on line sites. Then........WE have a fantastic cruise agent, Ann Stilson with cruise.com . Her prices can't be beat! Last spring we saw 8 days on Carnival's Legend for $379 @! Called Ann but she could only get same cruise for $399. She wasn't happy she couldn't get same price from her company - the SAME company! She told us to go ahead and book on line which we did. Have seen good prices for other cruises at cruise.com but check there then call Ann. Her direct toll free number is 888=800-1177. Tell her Bonnie said to call.
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:23 AM
esd

I feel I should put on some sort of defense for cruisequick because of the great service we had the one and only time we used them which was for our last cruise...12 nights on the Galaxy out of Galveston on 11/13.

I booked this months ago when I saw a great rate at cruisequick. (I always check all sites, including those mentioned here AND my TA). $812 total pp for a category 12 which I don't think can be found these days anywhere for that cruise..including cruisequick. Well, there are just a few category 12 cabins and within a week or so I read a bad review about our particular cabin assignment and emailed cruisequick about my concerns (vibrations and noise). Within two days I received word back that they had gotten an upgrade for us to category 9 for the same price..and they let me know within those 2 days that they were still working on it and waiting to hear back from Celebrity.

Our cruise went off without a hitch. I don't doubt the problems mentioned here but in our case, price and service couldn't have better.

If I saw a good deal on cruisequick today, I would not hesitate to use them again!
Dec 13th, 2004, 05:25 AM
esd

ooops, "been" better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO