Celebrity Infinity

Mar 22nd, 2001, 12:23 PM
Roy

Celebrity Infinity

Has anyone heard the latest status of Celebrity's Infinity? She was originally scheduled for her maiden voyage in February, but I haven't heard anything.

Mar 23rd, 2001, 04:22 PM
dana

Roy,
I'm going on the Infinity in a few months and can't wait. Try cruisecritic.com and cruisemates.com.
INfinity is now in Hawaii, and from the first reports, it's a good ship. Look for a review by Donna on the cruisecritic site, and then go onto "boards" and then Celebrity and see the various posts and topics listed under any name with "Infinity"

Apr 6th, 2001, 09:37 PM
tcruiser

Roy,
I have heard from some friends who were on Infinity that she is sailing as if she has sailed for years. Service was amazing, they must have picked some of the best crew of their fleet, shows were the best they had ever seen, food was normal Celebrity standards. They said that you would never know that she had her first sailing at beginning of March.
They were pleasantly surprised and said that the feeling was mutual amongst all the guests that they spoke to!
If you are going on Infinity - enjoy!

May 11th, 2001, 08:06 PM
Nancy

We are sailing on the Infinity 07/20/01 Inside Passage and on the Summit 04/08/02 Ultimate Caribbean including Panama Canal--got incredible deal yesterday for Celebrity promo for the Summit--pay for Cat 8 outside get Cat 1 balcony--couldn't pass it up. Also, found great deal from cruisequick.com on Infinity.

May 12th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Ginger

Hi Nancy,
Got the same deal for the 04/08/2002 sailing exept we booked a Cat. 1B.should be a great cruise.

May 13th, 2001, 02:30 PM
Nancy

Dear Ginger, We are also in Cat 1B!! What cabin are you in? Nancy

May 14th, 2001, 04:14 AM
Ginger

Dear Nancy,
We are in cabin 8083. Chose the port side this time so we could wave to the Condo. people when leaving Ft. Lauderdale.What cabin are you in?

May 14th, 2001, 05:11 AM
Roy

Nancy, What did you have to do to get the cat 8 to cat 1 upgrade? Did you just happen to see the special deal on cruisequick.com?

May 14th, 2001, 06:29 AM
Ginger

Hi Nancy,
We will be in cabin 8083. Chose the port side so we can wave to the Condo. people when we leave Ft.Laud. What cabin are you in.

May 14th, 2001, 07:40 PM
nancy

Dear Ginger, We are in 8118 on the Summit!!! My mother always wanted to see the Canal,so am leaving husband behind and taking her. We'll catch up for drink on the cruise. email me as we get closer to the cruise.

May 14th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Nancy

Dear Roy, Saw deal on crisecritic message board. Used cruisequick.com because of other great deal they gave us on sky suite on Infinity in July. My understanding is that deal ended on May 11, but maybe they will extend, because originally deal was until May 5 and it was extended to May 11. If the deal is no longer available, I would still get a quote from quickquote.com, because I have found their prices to be unbeatible--supposedly commisionless. I would try for a balcony guarantee pricing. You never know you may end up in a suite!!! Good luck,Nancy

May 22nd, 2001, 12:25 PM
Louise

We sailed Infinity on the March 17 cruise. The crew was best we ever sailed with! I don't know how they found such a great bunch. Food was excellent. We toured the islands on our own. Found a guy named KIMO with a taxi van who took us from 9:00 till 4:00 for $38.00 each!! Seen it all with him that day. Rented a jeep another day. Will cruise with Celebrity next year to Southern Carribean.

May 27th, 2001, 09:15 AM
xxx

I was very disappointed with Celebrity.

I got a quote on the Infinity from a TA of $1074 first two and $399 kids in a Cat 2B balcony quad. Couldn't believe the deal. (cruise only) When I called back that evening to book it (after discussing it w/spouse), Celebrity said that the price was incorrect and wouldn't honor it. They wanted $1000 more!
What bothered me is I had been searching websites for great deals and found similar prices but liked dealing with this particular TA. The TA's website was DIRECTLY linked to Celebrity and so the quotes I was looking at --- before I talked to a TA and for several weeks afterward until the category was closed or wait listed -- were the same numbers I was given at the first call to the TA.
Bait and switch is ILLEGAL!

May 27th, 2001, 04:17 PM
Chris

Prices can change quickly on cruises due to many different specials and availabliity. As a travel agent I sometimes check on something and get one price then call back a few hours later and get something totally different. It might be that a certain special sold out. Check again as there could be another one just as good. If you let your travel agent know that you are serious about a certain ship and date they can get a courtesy hold for a couple of days for you when they see a good price. That way you won't check back and find the bargain is gone. You don't say where or when you wish to sail but I have several people booked in the price range you mention when Infinity returns to the Caribbean. Good luck with this as I've heard only great reports so far on the ship.

May 28th, 2001, 10:38 AM
xxx

Chris, The cruise was to Alaska.
The price I received from the TA WAS on courtesy hold at the price I mentioned in my first post. When I went to book it before the courtesy hold expired, the TA was told the price was wrong and Celebrity would not honor it.
Yet, the same price appeared on the website for at least the NEXT TWO WEEKS afterward. So I called back again to try to get it, and they still would not honor the price on the web. In fact, when I asked the TA if I didn't proceed with the higher price, does that mean that Celebrity would resell the cabin at a higher price and the TA admitted that would probably happen.

It's still called Bait and Switch and the state attorney general said as much!

May 28th, 2001, 10:58 AM
Chris

Roy,
Since this was on a courtesy hold there is no excuse for Celebrity not honoring the price. I wish I knew how to help you get the original price from them but to be honest I've not had this happen. Do you think a letter from an attorney might prod them? Good luck.